"About Banten" Banten Province by Mangunsong
Banten Province Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 321 photos
Geographically Banten lies near from West Java an Sumatra. Banten situated among Sumatra, West Java, and Jakarta with it 8.258.055 people in 2001. Slightly off centre and running to the west, there are famous volcanic mountains the tallest is Gunung Krakatau which last erupted in 1883. Lying just 8°C south of the equator, Banten boasts a tropical climate with just two seasons, wet and dry all year and average annual temperature of around 28°C. The wide and the gently sloping southern region play host to Banten's famous rice. In the hilly, northern coastal region , the main products are coffee, vegetable, etc.
The Bantenese People have strong spiritual roots and their culture is still alive. The main religion is Islam, which arrived in Banten with the spread of Islam through Sumatra and Sulawesi during 15th century. Although original from Arab, the Bantenese religion is unique, a large number of countries, artist, musicians, and creating a fine art.
The majority of Banten's 2.500.000 people love for the most part, in tight village communities with large extended family. The largest town are the capital Serang, Cilegon, Pandeglang, lebal and Tanggerang in the south. The main tourist area is Anyer. This small sleepy village became a major attraction because of its famed white sand beaches and water sport recreation.
"Kaibon" was taken from words Ka-lbu-an, meaning that the palace was intended to Sultan's mother. When Sultan Muhammad... more travel advice
Long ago, Speelwijk Fortress that located to the north of Banten Great Mosque was ex Banten Sultanate Fortress. In 1685,... more travel advice
Mangunsong's Related Pages
Banten Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "About Banten"
- "Ujung Kulon"
- "WELCOMEtoBAntEN PROVINCE"
- "Closest Nice Beach from Jakarta"
- "Banten's Attractions"
- "Ujung Kulon"
- "Rice paddies (Banten, West Java)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banten Province
- Hotels in Banten Province
- Transportation in Banten Province
- Nightlife in Banten Province
- Restaurants in Banten Province
- Shopping in Banten Province
- Warnings and Dangers in Banten Province
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Banten Province
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Banten Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banten Province
Photos in Banten ProvinceSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Jakarta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banten Province Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Riau Province Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Surabaya Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Jambi Province Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Bandung Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Malang Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Padang Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos