"The Bran Castle" Bran by irinuca
Bran Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 34 photos
Bran, 26km south-west of Brasov, is Romania's main agro-tourism destination. Dracula-buffs will love the halls and corridors of Bran Castle, Romania's most famous tourist attraction, while the hills and mountain ranges around Bran offer endless opportunities for hiking, biking, horse riding and camping.
Keep in mind that Bran effectively closes, together with the castle, on Mondays.
The beautifully situated village of Moeiciu, just up the valley from Bran is an equally good base for exploring the wild Bucegi and Piatra Craiului ranges. Another nearby village, Râsnov, is somewhat overlooked by tourists to the region, but the citadel above the village is in many ways more memorable than Bran castle.
Regular buses link Brasov to Rasnov, Bran and Moieciu. Buses leave from Brasov's Autogara N°2 approximately every half an hour between 06:00 and 18:00 (less frequently on Sunday), taking about one hour to reach Bran, and another 10 minutes to Moieciu. The last bus back to Brasov from Bran leaves at 21:00 (Sun 17:30).
Where to stay & eat
In Bran, agro-turism is big business. Ever since the 1960's, the villagers have been renovating their houses and getting organised, so that nowadays you should have no trouble at all in finding a good place to stay the night. Keep in mind that Bran's standards of living are very high for Romanian standards - this is not an average village you're visiting. Accommodation varies between relatively simple rooms in farmhouses to luxurious apartments in purpose-built villas. On weekends it is advisable to book ahead, as it can get busy.
Bran has only a handful of so-so restaurants. If you are an agro-tourist, best get your meals cooked for you by your hosts (they will usually insist).
irinuca's Related Pages
Bran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "B R A N"
- "Jumping around "Dracula's Castle""
- "What is Bran Castle famous for?"
- "Terrific Visit Balances Local Stay and Sights"
- "The Bran Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bran
- Hotels in Bran
- Shopping in Bran
- Warnings and Dangers in Bran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bran
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bran
Photos in BranSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Constanta Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Sinaia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bastogne Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Clervaux Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Luxembourg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos