"Mamaia Resort" Mamaia by irinuca
Mamaia Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 92 photos
Situated just north of Constanta - the main city of Black Sea - Mamaia lies between the sea and Lake Siutghiol. This Romanian Sea Coast "Pearl" owes its renown to its beaches, very large and with unbelievable fine sand. The biggest touristic resort in Romania has been modernized in the last years to provide excelent holidays for the tourists. The beach is smooth, sunny; the layer of sand is spread over 8 km and is 3 m deep, the surface of the beach can heat up to 45 grade C.
The average temperature for the month July-August is of 25 grade C and the yearly average is of 11 grade C; the breeze blows gently from the sea to land in the worm season, rich in aerosols.
Acording to legend, Mamaia resort gained its name from the desperate cries of a fair maiden, who, during the time Ottoman Empire, was kidnapped by a Turk and taken out to sea in a boat. As the wind howled, her frantic cries for her mother could be heard from miles around.
Mamaia is specially designed fo families with children as it has plenty of playing grounds equipped with all kinds of playing facillities.
After sunbathing and in the evening, the visitors may spend unforgetable moments in discotheques, night clubs, restaurants, some providing up to date music and dancing and other traditional cuisine and Romaniandishes. The 28 recreation areas provide for visitors, young and old, a large range of activities and sports (waterskiing, wind surfing, hydrocycling, sailing), fishing, tenis, bowling, minigolf, riding, swimming, electronical games, etc.
Mamaia has numerous hotels, villas, campingsites, ranging from one to four stars. Over 20,500 visitors can be accommodated simultaneously having a large range of services at their disposal.
irinuca's Related Pages
Mamaia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "M A M A I A"
- "Mamaia - fancy Black Sea resort"
- "Mamaia as you probably have never seen it before"
- "Mamaia - the beach for fun and joy"
- "The most beautiful resort on Black Sea Coast"
- "my first taste of the black seA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mamaia
- Hotels in Mamaia
- Transportation in Mamaia
- Restaurants in Mamaia
- Shopping in Mamaia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mamaia
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mamaia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mamaia
Photos in MamaiaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Constanta Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Sinaia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bastogne Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Clervaux Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Luxembourg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos