"Clervaux" Top 5 Page for this destination Clervaux by irinuca
Clervaux Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 82 photos
This small town (pop. 1,000), located in a deep and narrow valley along the river Clerve in the heart of the Ardennes, is one of Luxembourg's most popular tourist destinations. The #1 attraction is the feudal castle (built in the 12th century by Gerhard von Sponheim, the first known lord of Clervaux) which features an exhibition of models of ancient Luxembourg castles and Family of Man, a collection of photographs by the famous American photographer Edward Steichen (who was born in Luxembourg). The castle was destroyed during the Battle of the Bulge (1944) but has been restored to its pre-war condition.
Another major attraction is the Benedictine Abbey of St. Maurice, built in 1910 in Romanesque-Burgundian style. It is situated on a hill overlooking the valley and has an exhibition focusing on the lifestyle of the Benedictine monks.
The old castle built in the 12th century, dominates the view by its imposing mass and has witnessed a millenia of... more travel advice
The museum of toys has a variety of metal toys, miniature railways, dolls and dollhouses, rocking horses, steamengines,... more travel advice
irinuca's Related Pages
Clervaux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Little calm place to visit"
- "Clervaux, castle"
- "A Day in Clervaux"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clervaux
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Clervaux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clervaux
Photos in ClervauxSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Constanta Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Sinaia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bastogne Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Clervaux Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Luxembourg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos