"Bastogne" Top 5 Page for this destination Bastogne by irinuca
Bastogne Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 182 photos
Bastogne is a road and rail junction in heart of the Ardennes forest thirty kilometers north of Arlon, with a population of 13,000.
It is famous for the part it played in the Battle of the Bulge, 1944. When the advancing Germans demanded surrender from the American forces garrisoned there, the response of General Anthony McAuliffe was terse -- "Nuts!"
The ensuing siege leveled the town, but Bastogne never fell, and as a result the Germans were slowed enough for allied reinforcements to arrive and deny them their ultimate objective of Antwerp. A museum commemorates the battle.
This is the most important of all the 'Battle of the Bulge' museums. It is situated 2km outside of Bastogne's city... more travel advice
Just outside of the town center, alongside the road to Arlon, is a little park where at the back one can see the... more travel advice
irinuca's Related Pages
Bastogne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bastogne Battlefields"
- "The Battle of the Bulge"
- "MATIM's new Bastogne Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bastogne
- Hotels in Bastogne
- Transportation in Bastogne
- Restaurants in Bastogne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bastogne
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bastogne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bastogne
Photos in BastogneSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Constanta Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Madeira Island Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Sinaia Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Sighisoara Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bastogne Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Clervaux Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Luxembourg Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos