""The Smiling City"" Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre by Julie_B
Porto Alegre Travel Guide: 209 reviews and 508 photos
Porto Alegre is the capital of Rio Grande do Sul, the southern-most state of Brasil. The city has a population of approximately 1.500.000 inhabitants. Its strategic geographical location places Porto Alegre at the business center of the MERCOSUL – Southern Common Market – which is formed by Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Porto Alegre is renowned as a city with the biggest european influence in the country. Truly the city is a real “ethnic mosaic” with representatives of the German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, African, Jewish and Oriental cultures among others. In such a “melting pot” of different cultures, everibody lives in perfect harmony, celebrating their differences and enriching the local culture. Blessed by nature, Porto Alegre is a meeting point of different landscapes at the margins of Guaiba River and Lagoa dos Patos - the biggest lake (of non salty water) in the world. The city is remembered by its cultural events, by very well preserved historical buildings (as the "Dores" church), and by is varied gastronomy.
Porto Alegre sunset is famous, being described as one of the nicest in the world.
Julie_B's Related Pages
Porto Alegre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""The Smiling City""
- "MY BEAUTIFUL CITY"
- "Porto Alegre bah !"
- "Porto Alegre"
- "guilhermebr's Porto Alegre Page"
- "Welcome to Porto Alegre!..."
- "P. Alegre, the Capital of the Brazilian Pampas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto Alegre
- Hotels in Porto Alegre
- Transportation in Porto Alegre
- Nightlife in Porto Alegre
- Restaurants in Porto Alegre
- Shopping in Porto Alegre
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto Alegre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Porto Alegre
- 45 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 64 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Porto Alegre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto Alegre
Photos in Porto AlegreSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porto Alegre Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florianópolis Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 34 reviews, 8 photos
- Canela Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Curitiba Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Tôrres Intro, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rosario Intro, 9 reviews
- Gramado Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dublin 2 reviews