"Another Old Mill Town of NH - Pemboke" Pembroke by RhondaRuth
Pembroke Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 7 photos
Suncook Village was the main commercial and industrial area of Pembroke when the Town was founded. This area has been home to a number of mills producing everything from glass and bricks to parachute material during World War II. Today the village contains a number of small commercial establishments, several restaurants, the Town's main banking facility, a number of social clubs, and the Post Office for Pembroke and Allenstown.
It's a quiet place and one of my favorite things to do here is to go down by the river and take a walk with a friend. We take in the views and talk. Nice place to relax!
The mill smoke stakes poke up between the trees on the other side of the river. We've got out eyes peeled for Hawks or other water birds that frequent this area.
- Pros:Another quiet country town
- Cons:Don't know of any!
- In a nutshell:Lovely country village for someone to call home!
Water ski on the Suncook River! Facilities at Gamelin Memorial Field include: basketball court; four ball fields (one... more travel advice
at the Gamelin Memorial Field and park on the Suncook River. The Town of Pembroke is located in south central New... more travel advice
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Pembroke Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pembroke
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Pembroke?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pembroke
Photos in PembrokeSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues