"RhondaRuth's new Manchester Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester by RhondaRuth
Manchester Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 107 photos
Manchester is the largest city and a chief manufacturing center of New Hampshire. The first white settlement was in 1722. There is a large population of descendants of French Canadian immigrants. At one time, Manchester was known as the home of the largest cotton mills in the world, but the mills failed during the Great Depression. Today, the industrial base is more varied. The Merrimack River, which divides the city into East and West "sides", served as a source of power for the mills.
Manchester, NH is where I lived for about 8 years before moving to Winthrop, MA.
The last few years I lived on the outskirts in a town named Goffstown. I was really on the outskirts of both towns ... in between the two called Pinardville ... altho it was really Goffstown. NH has a way of calling a section of town by another name. Why? M-m-m-m, beats me. It was a nice area to be in tho and I have fond memories of my apartment there.
I don't have a lot of pictures yet. Need to scan some from the years with a 35mm camera instead of my digital ... but I'll get around to it sooner or later.
What I do want to tell you about now is:
The Fundraiser Walk for the Amerian Lung Association of New Hampshire on September 28, 2002 ...
In my Travelougue below:
Are some pictures of where the walk will be held. It's at a park and riverside walk that has been recently put in to help beautify and give back the view of the river to the citizens of Manchester. They'll be doing more and I am so happy about it. This wonderful city has needed something like this for a long time!
American Lung Associations throughout the country are joining forces to Blow the Whistle on Asthma. Walk teams of... more travel advice
Okay, they're not really out to scare you... I don't think. This one is locked up in a store anyway! more travel advice
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Manchester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hard Luck to High Tech"
- "Manchester New Hampshire"
- "RhondaRuth's new Manchester Page"
- "MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE"
- "m.n.'s new Manchester page"
- "wdw4us's new Manchester Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manchester
- Hotels in Manchester
- Transportation in Manchester
- Nightlife in Manchester
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Shopping in Manchester
- Warnings and Dangers in Manchester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Manchester
- 9 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Manchester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manchester
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues