"RhondaRuth's new Manchester Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Manchester by RhondaRuth

Manchester Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 107 photos

A City Changing with the Times

Manchester is the largest city and a chief manufacturing center of New Hampshire. The first white settlement was in 1722. There is a large population of descendants of French Canadian immigrants. At one time, Manchester was known as the home of the largest cotton mills in the world, but the mills failed during the Great Depression. Today, the industrial base is more varied. The Merrimack River, which divides the city into East and West "sides", served as a source of power for the mills.

Manchester's Fall Colors

Manchester, NH is where I lived for about 8 years before moving to Winthrop, MA.
The last few years I lived on the outskirts in a town named Goffstown. I was really on the outskirts of both towns ... in between the two called Pinardville ... altho it was really Goffstown. NH has a way of calling a section of town by another name. Why? M-m-m-m, beats me. It was a nice area to be in tho and I have fond memories of my apartment there.

I don't have a lot of pictures yet. Need to scan some from the years with a 35mm camera instead of my digital ... but I'll get around to it sooner or later.

Be a Volunteer for the American Lung Association

What I do want to tell you about now is:

The Fundraiser Walk for the Amerian Lung Association of New Hampshire on September 28, 2002 ...

In my Travelougue below:
Are some pictures of where the walk will be held. It's at a park and riverside walk that has been recently put in to help beautify and give back the view of the river to the citizens of Manchester. They'll be doing more and I am so happy about it. This wonderful city has needed something like this for a long time!

• Last visit to Manchester: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 9, 2003

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2007 at 10:59 AM

I'll be traveling to New Hampshire in two weeks. Can't wait! Looks like I'll be too early - or too late - to see the Great Pumpkin.

• biljah's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2004 at 5:00 PM

I like your tips on canoeing, kyaking and white water rafting on the Merrimack River that flows through the city! I grew up here so it's nice to see some pics to bring back memories...

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 6:08 AM

Hi Rhonda, I'm sorry we missed the pumpkins. And I thought, at least according to my son, that the only hobby in Manchester was entertaining presidential candidates ;-) Thanx...Tom

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 10:55 AM

Just had to drop by your Manchester page to compare it with my Manchester in the UK

• craic's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2002 at 6:36 AM

Scarey pumpkins! Does Darby know about this page?

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2002 at 1:37 PM

great page-I live nr M/Cr but in a different Country! :)

• floss1's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2002 at 8:33 AM

very good nice page

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2002 at 1:22 PM

My aunt is from up there/kudos to the Lung Association.

• RUTHWR's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2002 at 7:30 PM

Great pictures and comments!

RhondaRuth

“Wait up -- I need to take just one more picture!”

Badges & Stats in Manchester

Have you been to Manchester?

Latest Activity in Manchester