"Henniker, a traditional New Hampshire community" Henniker by RhondaRuth
Henniker Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 15 photos
From September to mid-May, Henniker bustles with nearly 800 New England College students. New England College is a small liberal arts college that was founded in 1946 for veterans of WWII.
New England College opens its doors to the community in many ways. Use of their sports facilities, which now includes an indoor ice arena, their library, a new art gallery featuring prominent national artists as well as student exhibitions is all open to the public. In the academic realm, local high school juniors and seniors are encouraged to take freshman level courses at no expense. The College runs its own radio station and newspaper and welcomes the community to a wide variety of cultural events.
This is such a charming little town, I intend to go back again and just walk around. That's when I'll take more pictures and get to know this town a little better.
The Contoocook River winds its way through the town and is crossable by five different bridges, one of which is a covered bridge only for foot traffic. During spring the tumbling waters of the Contoocook offers some of the best white water canoeing and kayaking in New England.
I'll be going back to find that covered bridge!
- Pros:Real New England Charm!
- Cons:I'll get back to you on that if I find something.
- In a nutshell:A place for ALL Seasons!
Upstairs over Daniels Restaurant is their Gift Shop. Good prices and all kinds of gift items including handmade jewelry. more travel advice
Henniker is a nice place to enjoy a meal out, whether for pizza, a sandwich, a good old fashioned no frills meal, or a... more travel advice
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Henniker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Henniker, a traditional New Hampshire community"
- "a nice college town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Henniker
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Henniker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Henniker
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues