"Home of the Popular Mt. Washington Hotel" Bretton Woods by RhondaRuth
Bretton Woods Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 11 photos
A grand masterpiece of Spanish Renaissance architecture, The Mount Washington Hotel was a two-year labor of love for 250 master craftsmen. Conceived by industrialist Joseph Stickney, this National Historic Landmark opened in 1902 and immediately became a favorite summer haunt for poets, presidents and princes.
Bretton Woods is part of a land grant made in 1772 by Royal Governor John Wentworth. The area was named after Bretton Hall, Wentworth's ancestral home in Yorkshire, England.
enjoying the ride on the Conway Scenic Railroad. "Hi, Ruth"
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Bretton Woods Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bretton Woods"
- "A Small Town by a Big Notch"
- "Home of the Popular Mt. Washington Hotel"
- "West slope of Mount Washington"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bretton Woods
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Bretton Woods?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bretton Woods
Photos in Bretton WoodsSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues