"RhondaRuth's Ogunquit Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Ogunquit by RhondaRuth

Ogunquit Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 150 photos

Even Bad Weather Can Mean a Good Time!

In spite of rain and clouds, we had a wonderful long weekend in Ogunquit, Maine. Arrived on Friday in clouds and fog, but walked half of the Marginal Way down to Perkins Cove anyway. We brought umbrellas since we knew we would want to do a lot of walking and the weather would be questionable all weekend. Started raining after dinner but it was a gentle Summer rain. We leisurely walked back under our one umbrella to where we were staying at the Rockmere Lodge . Saturday was another story ... wind and rain all day. We sat in a tower sitting room at the Lodge to read and watch the storm over the ocean. Looked like a hurricane from where we sat. By lunch, we knew it would be an "all day" spot. But we enjoyed the relaxation, as well as the view. We did most of our walking on Sunday. Enjoy the mini tour on my Travelogue also!

Little Beach Light House

The Rockmere Lodge is right off the Marginal Way near this little lighthouse. Have you ever seen such a little lighthouse? You can see the angry waters behind Bill. We still enjoyed ourselves inspite of the gray weather and look forward to going back on a sunny weekend sometime!

Wild Life in Ogunquit

Took a quite walk downtown and found a little wild life braving the weather along with us!

• Last visit to Ogunquit: Jun 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 15, 2002

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2005 at 4:49 AM

Thanks so much for some good tips on this little spot which was recently recommended to me. Think I'll try to get there in Oct. when I'm on Cape Ann.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2004 at 6:17 AM

Excellent tips with useable detail and interesting personal touches. Makes us eager for our upcoming road trip to Maine.

• scrooge1947's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2003 at 10:32 AM

I thought I was the only one that encountered bad weather, you still made the most of your time there.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2003 at 5:17 AM

Beautiful page. I do hope to visit this beautiful area and follow your very useful suggestions and advices and go to Gypsy Sweethearts :-)))

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2003 at 12:27 PM

The Tower Room sounds so inviting and a walk along the coast at sunrise or sunset would be wonderful. Lovely page.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2003 at 1:01 AM

One of the places that I miss most. I remember Ogunquit in the middle of winter when it was deserted. I need to go back soon. *sniff*

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2003 at 3:27 PM

Your page is a good appetizer for my fall trip to the Kennebunkport area. Thanks for the invitation to view, RR. :)

• Amitu's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2003 at 12:25 PM

Excellent page. I like stormy, choppy sea waves. Thanks

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2003 at 12:28 PM

Great page! You made me feel a little bit like being here... so relaxing! The stormy sea, a glass of wine and a good book, and making a stroll along the coast. Wonderful!

• kaloz's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2003 at 10:34 AM

Sounds like a good time, in spite of the weather, the trolley sounds like a deal especially with the price of parking.

RhondaRuth

“Wait up -- I need to take just one more picture!”

Badges & Stats in Ogunquit

Have you been to Ogunquit?

Latest Activity in Ogunquit