"RhondaRuth's Winthrop, Massachusetts Page" Winthrop by RhondaRuth

Winthrop Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 151 photos

Winthrop by the Sea

This is Winthrop, Massachusetts NOT Winthrop, Washington. The famous line around here is "Where's Winthrop?" Even Bostonians don't know where we are and they're right next door.
Well it's a beautiful little, condensely packed, seashore town outside of East Boston and south of Revere. Actually, it's an peninsula. Only two roads in and out. We look at (and hear) Logan Airport and see the wonderful view of Boston Harbor and it's islands. Just a short walk will take you to the Atlantic Beaches on the east side of Winthrop and Revere to the North.
See below for tips about our town and my Travelogue pictures are below!! They call me "The Walking Photographer" because I don't walk without my camera. ;-) ... See ya at the end of the road!

Sunsets can be fantastic!

Our backyard is Boston Harbor. The views can be just wonderful and I would surely miss them if I should ever have to leave. So we enjoy every moment while we can! Our porch overlooks the water and we can't help but spend time watching another beautiful sunset. The sunrises are nice also .... but, LOL .... I see those alone!

For something different, I walked toward Point Shirley to the Winthrop Yacht Club and the public parking lot next to it to get this picture of the Sunset over Boston. Boston is behind that tree, LOL.

Always nice to come home ...

No matter what the weather!

We're moved on to Salem, MA now but will always have a place in our hearts for Winthrop, MA. We will surely miss the views ... but will just pop back for a visit once in awhile.

• Pros:Just like "small town" living to raise a family, but real close to Boston for the night life!
  • Cons:Only two roads in & out of town, which can be pretty conjested during rush hour!
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful Seaside Home Town!
  • Last visit to Winthrop: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 28, 2005

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I tried to get to here, but ran out of time last year. It looks like a great place to see the sites and the sea. Thank you for the tour.

• Carmanah's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Beautiful page on Winthrop! Funny enough, I actually have been to Winthrop, Wasthington which too is a pretty unknown place! I was in Boston area once a few years ago and I truly adored it. I'd love to visit again!

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 5:16 PM

I love the colors in the winter sky! You've presented a beautiful page. Thanks!

• wilddog's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2005 at 2:09 PM

What a photo safari. Lots of lovely pictures and nice descriptions also. Springs almost here time to go north to Alaska ,everyone grap your camera... Good job....

• patrikske's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 4:46 PM

Must be a lovely place ... great page, thanks !

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2003 at 1:03 PM

Good job! Winthrop reminds me of my times in Rockport. I've actually visited your island. A friend was remembering living in the area years ago. You are a happy walker. Good for you.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2003 at 4:06 PM

After half an hour of reading this page what can I say, just one word: FANTASTIC!!!

• Braveheart.southafrr's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 8:44 AM

great small town looks great ..........kenneth

• yumiyun's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 6:18 AM

Nice page! Hope you get your ratings back : (

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2003 at 12:14 AM

It's really a marvelous small town"!

RhondaRuth

“Wait up -- I need to take just one more picture!”

Badges & Stats in Winthrop

Have you been to Winthrop?