"RhondaRuth's Winthrop, Massachusetts Page" Winthrop by RhondaRuth
Winthrop Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 151 photos
This is Winthrop, Massachusetts NOT Winthrop, Washington. The famous line around here is "Where's Winthrop?" Even Bostonians don't know where we are and they're right next door.
Well it's a beautiful little, condensely packed, seashore town outside of East Boston and south of Revere. Actually, it's an peninsula. Only two roads in and out. We look at (and hear) Logan Airport and see the wonderful view of Boston Harbor and it's islands. Just a short walk will take you to the Atlantic Beaches on the east side of Winthrop and Revere to the North.
See below for tips about our town and my Travelogue pictures are below!! They call me "The Walking Photographer" because I don't walk without my camera. ;-) ... See ya at the end of the road!
Our backyard is Boston Harbor. The views can be just wonderful and I would surely miss them if I should ever have to leave. So we enjoy every moment while we can! Our porch overlooks the water and we can't help but spend time watching another beautiful sunset. The sunrises are nice also .... but, LOL .... I see those alone!
For something different, I walked toward Point Shirley to the Winthrop Yacht Club and the public parking lot next to it to get this picture of the Sunset over Boston. Boston is behind that tree, LOL.
No matter what the weather!
We're moved on to Salem, MA now but will always have a place in our hearts for Winthrop, MA. We will surely miss the views ... but will just pop back for a visit once in awhile.
- Pros:Just like "small town" living to raise a family, but real close to Boston for the night life!
- Cons:Only two roads in & out of town, which can be pretty conjested during rush hour!
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Seaside Home Town!
Have you ever seen a cloud form upward to an anvil shape like this? If you see this, it will most likely become a... more travel advice
Bill went fishing with other members and came back with 3 large Cod. Kept us in fish fillets all winter this past year.... more travel advice
- See All Small but nice!
- See All A Great Place to Walk
- See All They don't all fly South!
- See All The Ice is Never Safe!
- See All Nature's Nightlife in Winthrop!
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Winthrop Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Winthrop
- Hotels in Winthrop
- Transportation in Winthrop
- Nightlife in Winthrop
- Restaurants in Winthrop
- Shopping in Winthrop
- Warnings and Dangers in Winthrop
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winthrop
- 30 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Winthrop?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winthrop
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues