"RhondaRuth's Salem Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Salem by RhondaRuth
Salem Travel Guide: 456 reviews and 1,268 photos
This is one town where "being scared" is considered "fun!"
During the month of October it's Salem's Haunted Happenings Halloween Festival. You can pick up a brochure at most establishments in Salem for a calendar and description of all the events happening during the month of October or check out Salem's Town Website.
Here is the Historical Broad Street Cemetry. The sheriff involved in the famous Witch Trials of Salem is burried here at the top of the hill to the right near the wall as well as many of the Pickering family members. Just in case you wish to stop by and visit!
This is one place that has signs posted to say "IF you enter after dark you will be considered a TRESPASSER." Frankly, if this is what it looks like on just a cloudy day, I DO NOT WANT to visit after dark, thank you!
that Salem is also known for it's seaport, merchants and historic homes. It's a great place to live or visit. We have everything here with lots of history, shopping and wonderful restaurants. AND it's only a 30 minute ride by train from Boston. From Salem Willows, Winter Island Park to Pickering Wharf you can get close to the ocean for fishing, sailing, boating or just viewing. Nothing like fresh salt air!
We have family here, so use to visit often and finally moved here in November of 2003. One weekend we went to see the Salem Maritime Festival and had lunch on the Rockmore Floating Restaurant. It's a "must see" and "must do experience" when you visit Salem in the Summer. Take the free boat shuttle from Pickering Wharf out to the restaurant which is on a floating barge in Salem Harbor close to the Marblehead side. We go there once a year because it's such fun. Fried seafood mostly, but pretty good considering what the kitchen must have to go thru to give you a good meal.
At the Festival we went on the Friendship for a free tour. You will find pictures of both in my Travelogues. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had a wonderful time!
- Pros:Great place to be carefree and whimsical!
- Cons:Very narrow streets and look out for those "one way only" ones!
- In a nutshell:A seaport town filled with imagination!
We enjoyed the antipasto and nachos (funny combo but it worked for us). It's a busy time in October so we sat in the Pub... more travel advice
Here you will find all of your favorite movie stars and monsters from supernatural Hollywood. Nobody celebrates... more travel advice
- See All Walk the Mall ... at the Essex St....
- See All Fun for all ages
- See All Salem Trolley -- Historic Tours of Salem
- See All Boating and Sailing on Salem Sound
- See All Some of the homes are FREE to tour ...
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Salem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RhondaRuth's Salem Page"
- "Salem on Halloween!"
- "Salem Tales"
- "BEWITCHING SALEM"
- "Witch Way do You Go"
- "I FOUND MY TRUE WICCAN NATURE ON SALEM'S STREETS"
- "A favorite day trip....SALEM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salem
- Hotels in Salem
- Transportation in Salem
- Nightlife in Salem
- Restaurants in Salem
- Shopping in Salem
- Warnings and Dangers in Salem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salem
- 48 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Salem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salem
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues