"RhondaRuth's View on Cambridge, MA" Cambridge by RhondaRuth
Cambridge Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 642 photos
The Stata Center at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) is certainly an attraction in itself. I shake my head every time I walk by. "What were they thinking?" "What IS it suppose to represent?" "Who would even build this?" ... Only at MIT.
"Do I even LIKE it?" LOL
I guess I do ... I keep taking pictures!
Check out my Travelogue on the Stata Center and the Evolving Campus of MIT for updates on construction.
I work at M.I.T. A great place to be really!
Visit M.I.T. and Harvard University (which is just two "T" stops away from MIT), while you're in Cambridge. There's a lot of history and art here. A lot of diversity also ... another reason I like it here so much.
On December 17, 2003,
to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the first controlled powered flight, a replica of the Wright Brothers' first airplane made its way onto the great dome of MIT. Inside the plane, a dummy figure of one of the brothers was along for the ride.
I took this picture while three people were up there setting it up. Ah, I think I caught them in the act of putting it up this year's "hack." M-m-m-m-m, every year it's a new surprise!
Check out this Website to learn more:
Hacks at MIT
- Pros:A mix of structures & people of many different backgrounds.
- Cons:Always under construction
- In a nutshell:Growing to the size of a city with skyscrapers
This is the bubble machine on the main campus between the Mathematics & Physics Departments. If you watch it too long it... more travel advice
I guess I am fascinated with this construction site, LOL! The anticapation of the newest contruction growing before my... more travel advice
- Packing List
- I haven't been here after work...
- This is a town of Universities...
- By car, bus or by the 'T' and...
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Cambridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Missing Cambridge..."
- "You go for Harvard, you stay for Cambridge!"
- "Cambridge: The other side of the Charles"
- "Go with the Red"
- "Harvard and much more"
- "People's Republik of Cambridge"
- "The centre of (intellectual) power"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambridge
- Hotels in Cambridge
- Transportation in Cambridge
- Nightlife in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Shopping in Cambridge
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambridge
- 17 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Cambridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambridge
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: VTML - HTML"
- updated a Cambridge Travel Page "RhondaRuth's View on Cambridge, MA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "RhondaRuth's View on Cambridge, MA"
- Wrote a Review Tour the M.I.T. Campus & see the Bubble Machine in Cambridge Things to Do
- Commented on one of dinhyen's Cambridge travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues