"RhondaRuth's Trip Back in Time to McCalla" McCalla by RhondaRuth

McCalla Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 57 photos

TANNEHILL IRONWORKS HISTORICAL STATE PARK

In Tannehill there are more than 1,500 acres preserved for hiking, camping and recreation. A miniature railroad chugs through the pines. From spring through fall, the blacksmith, miller and craftsmen demonstrate their trades in craft shops. They occupy restored pioneer cabins and artisans chat with visitors from their front porches or at their work in progress.

Rhonda finds a place to rest ...

while we walk the trails at the Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park. What could you possibly be carrying in all those bags, Rhonda? Gold pieces? More like Iron Ore and camera equiptment, huh! Couldn't be makeup, huh? Ha

We didn't go into the town of McCalla,

but we visited Tannehill State Park, the Museum and the Trade Days. Check out my Tips for more information. We had a really enjoyable day. Just make sure you have good walking shoes on and don't be crazy enough to carry heavy bags around with ya!

• Last visit to McCalla: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2003

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2004 at 1:25 PM

Its nice when these places show how they once lived. Lovely page

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 5:14 AM

I think I would really like this trip. Love to visit the older craftspeople....learn about the history of the area.

• May 26, 2003 at 8:44 AM

Hiking in there is really great, Ruth and hey you have great pictures of these greeny place..sounds another place for fun,eh?;-)

• RUTHWR's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 7:11 PM

The pictures of Tannehill are AWESOME! I have been there many times and made many pictures but my photography does not compare to yours!

RhondaRuth

“Wait up -- I need to take just one more picture!”

Badges & Stats in McCalla

Have you been to McCalla?