"A Drive Through Birmingham, Alabama" Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham by RhondaRuth
Birmingham Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 475 photos
The streets were clean, the people friendly and the architure impressive. And I can't say enough about the food - good Southern cooking!
For more information on Birmingham, Alabama, I found this website interesting: http://www.archivists.org/conference/birm2002/magiccity.asp
You just might find out why it's called, "the Magic City" Do you know why?
We drove into the city from the suburbs.
I didn't get the best advantage for a good view, but it is a small city with only 5 skyscraper buildings in view. It was much more picturesque while driving on the city streets. Our friends were kind enough to stop now & then so I could jump out and snap a picture. Or I took shots from the window in the back seat. Thanks, Jerry for being so patient with this VT nut!
Birmingham's Botanical Gardens. See it on the 'Must see Activities' and in my travelogues. Really nice place, especially the Japanese Gardens.
We spent the morning walking around the gardens after riding thru Birmingham-Southern College and then thru downtown Birmingham. After our stroll thru the Gardens we had lunch at the 11th Avenue Grill in Southside Birmingham and then drove out to Oak Mountain to see the Treetop Nature Trail.
- Pros:Not a Large City
- Cons:Weren't there long enough to find out
- In a nutshell:Good Southern Cooking and Hospitality!
We had lunch here after seeing the Designer's ShowHouse. It was a lovely lunch too! Tea Room or Victorian Tea Houses are... more travel advice
The downtown area Dart Circulator, is the perfect solution for getting around Birmingham's downtown and Southside areas.... more travel advice
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Birmingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "birmingham alabama"
- "A look in the mirror of the past - 1969"
- "A Drive Through Birmingham, Alabama"
- "A Metallic Taste - Birmingham, Alabama"
- "Sweet Home Alabama"
- "Southern Steel Mill Town"
- "Birmingham, Alabama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Birmingham
- Hotels in Birmingham
- Transportation in Birmingham
- Nightlife in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Shopping in Birmingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Birmingham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Birmingham
- 10 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Birmingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birmingham
- updated a Birmingham Travel Page "A Drive Through Birmingham, Alabama"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: VTML - HTML"
- Commented on one of frankcanfly's Birmingham travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Tea Room Luncheon is a MUST down South!"
- Wrote a Review A Tea Room Luncheon is a MUST down South! in Birmingham Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues