"RhondaRuth's Diessen Page" Diessen by RhondaRuth

Diessen Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 11 photos

Downtown Diessen

This is the quiet and peaceful little village my friends live in. Lot's of farms around here for raising crops, pigs, horses, etc. There was a beautiful horse next door and some across the street with a corn field being planted behind their property line. It was really nice to walk from their house to the middle of town. We visited the little shops and walked back with an ice cream cone.

Farm Country

It was early spring when we were there, so it was still cool and the trees were still bare. But for the most part, the weather was good and it was just right for lots of walking.

Fields of Flowers

We were just in time for the Tulip, Daffidil and Hyacinth fields tho! Although, the fields of flowering bulbs are not in Diessen. We had to drive northwest to outside of Den Haag to see them. We also spent some time on a beach by Den Haag and I had little Dutch pancakes with powdered sugar for a snack. Now that isn't something you'd find on our beaches. They were yummy!

• Pros:Beautiful skies, flowers and friends.
  • Cons:Sun doesn't shine all the time
  • In a nutshell:Lovely place with lovely people!
  • Last visit to Diessen: Apr 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2003

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 8:24 AM

Thanks a lot for showing us these little pretty things: amazing houses, fantastic sculptures and beautiful fields of tulips, daffidils and hyacinths. Pure beauty :-)

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2003 at 3:18 PM

Your friends live in a very nice place. Once again, great photos Rhonda.

• Umfufu's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 8:05 AM

So you have been to Leiden and Scheveningen / Kijkduin and you ate POFFERTJES...hmm i could do with some !

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2003 at 2:19 PM

Never heard of the place, but it sure does look nice! Loved the statues. Have you ever found out why that one was Herculus and why he was put there?

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2003 at 11:02 AM

good photos - i enjoyed your impression of my secong home!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2003 at 1:11 PM

Great page about this little village! It's great to see my former homecountry through your eyes. Those homes are typical for the Netherlands indeed, it reminds me of places where I used to live. Thanks!

• Jan 14, 2003 at 7:40 AM

Very nice "village people pic"

RhondaRuth

“Wait up -- I need to take just one more picture!”

Badges & Stats in Diessen

Have you been to Diessen?

Latest Activity in Diessen