"RhondaRuth's new Heusden VT page." Top 5 Page for this destination Heusden by RhondaRuth

Heusden Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 121 photos

Village of Heusden

There is a place called Oud-Heusden, and this is one called Heusden, so I'm not sure if I have the right place. When we visited this little village, we knew it as the Village of Heusden. If I am wrong about where it is, please let me know.

We had a lovely time here. Parked our car on the edge of town and walked on the path by the water in this picture into the village. I just love all the orange roofs in the Netherlands and this little village was beautiful. We stopped at a sidewalk cafe and had coffee. I love the coffee in Holland also! Nothing like our weak American coffee. Also it's not bitter like the strong coffee here. Sure wish I could make it like the Dutch Cafes!

Windmill Tour

I'm standing inside a windmill when I took this picture of another windmill at the end of the path before us. Just look at the clouds in the sky!

Walking thru the Village...

Just looking about at the architecture as we strolled along thru the village was so peaceful. I wish I had taken even more pictures and took even more time to do look about.

• Pros:Quaint, quiet and beautiful atmosphere.
  • Cons:Can't think of anything!
  • In a nutshell:A visit into the past
  • Last visit to Heusden: Apr 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 27, 2003

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Very charming village and page. Haha, USA has air-conditioned cars while Europeans grow trees to give shade for cars :-)

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 12:56 PM

I was here today, the weather was wonderful!

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2003 at 3:21 PM

It looks like a peaceful, quiet little town, ...

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 2:29 AM

What a gorgeous little village. I suppose the Netherlands is chokka with them!

RhondaRuth

“Wait up -- I need to take just one more picture!”

Badges & Stats in Heusden

Have you been to Heusden?

Latest Activity in Heusden