"We visit Tilburg" Tilburg by RhondaRuth
Tilburg Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 439 photos
The first place we go see is Tilburg University. Both of our friends go there and we take a walk around campus and the library. My husband and I both work at M.I.T., so naturally we like to step onto another campus. ;-)
And then we go to the Textile Museum.
Tilburg used to be a thriving textile town. Monumental textile factories dominated the city.
The Dutch Textile Museum is situated in one of the most imposing old textile factories in Tilburg: the former woollen fabrics factory of Mommers & Co.
The characteristic complex dates from the nineteenth century and is now a national monument. The building was restored and in 1986 turned into a museum.
The atmosphere of the old factory has been well preserved. A visit to the museum is a trip back in time to the life of the former textile labourers.
These bicycles are parked at the University, but I have never seen so many at one time before. Not even at the... more travel advice
Tilburg Textile Museum. Visiting the University was nice but then a visit to a lovely Textile Museum was my favorite. I... more travel advice
RhondaRuth's Related Pages
Tilburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tilburg - city of the damned?"
- "Tilburg, a vanishing city"
- "Music City"
- "catnl's new Tilburg Page"
- "We visit Tilburg"
- "My New World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tilburg
- Hotels in Tilburg
- Transportation in Tilburg
- Nightlife in Tilburg
- Restaurants in Tilburg
- Shopping in Tilburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Tilburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tilburg
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tilburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tilburg
Photos in TilburgSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salem Intro, 48 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Winthrop Intro, 30 reviews, 139 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 115 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 6 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Conway Intro, 18 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Birmingham Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 13 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Michaels Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Martha's Vineyard Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues