"Paradise" French Polynesia by EagleEye
French Polynesia Travel Guide: 1,499 reviews and 3,502 photos
Well, what could I say about this part of the world exept that I really loved it (even more since I originally did not plan to stop here). Beautiful lagoons full of multicolor fishes, nice inland landscapes, and extraordinaries scubadives with the manta rays and the sharks ... On top of that : extremely welcoming, smiling and relaxed polynesian people!!! What else could you ask for? (OK, maybe for a cheaper cost of life).
There are so many islands, you need a lot of time to make it all... On Tahiti, leave quickly from papeete, go to the presqu'isle and to Venus beach.
If you go to Moorea, give yourself a day to bike around the island (60kms) and do not miss the Belvedere point of view. Recommended scubadive club : scubapiti at Tipaniers beach.
In the Toamotu atolls, Rangiroa is a scuba-divers paradise (Manta Ray club recommended), and you will definitely be able to buy black pearls for a very good price (directly from a farm - or ask to local people, but you'd better know about quality standards first).
For a big Maohi culture immersion go to the Marquises. By the way, get a polynesian tatoo.
Do not go to Bora Bora!
The best thing to do : spend some months sailing from islands to islands...
- Cons:A bit expensive
- In a nutshell:Do it sailing!
EagleEye's Related Pages
French Polynesia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "French Polynesia in the Pacific"
- "Honeymoon in paradise"
- "Our Honeymoon Destination"
- "b1bob lives it up in Tahiti"
- "French Polynesia"
- "A Honeymoon in Paradise..."
- "photos from french polynesia,cooks ,marqueses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in French Polynesia
- Hotels in French Polynesia
- Transportation in French Polynesia
- Nightlife in French Polynesia
- Restaurants in French Polynesia
- Shopping in French Polynesia
- Warnings and Dangers in French Polynesia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in French Polynesia
- 0 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to French Polynesia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in French Polynesia
Photos in French PolynesiaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 5 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valparaíso Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chachapoyas Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rurrenabaque Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Caraz Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues