"Cajamarca" Top 5 Page for this destination Cajamarca by EagleEye
Cajamarca Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 63 photos
Cajamarca is a charming town surounded by moutains of the Cordillera Central. Its main ressources are agriculture and the Yanacocha Gold Mine (one of the biggest in the world) that employs directly and indirectly 5,000 people.
It's a pleasant place to stay for 4-5 days, and a good starting point for visiting archeological sites in the area (Cumbe Mayo, Necropolis de Combayo).
La Plaza de Armaz.
The City is worth a guided tour as it has nice monuments and a rich historical past : Cajamarca is the place where one of the two last Incas, Atahualpa, was captured and killed by F. Pizzaro ... after giving the Spanish realm tons of gold and silver he was able to gather from all regions of Peru.
La Colina de Santa Apolonia.
The best place to get tourist information is not in the complex of Belen as indicatd in many guides, but at the entrance of Baños del Inca (see Must See)
Llacanora is a farmer's village located 15 km from Cajamarca. It's worth walking there, especially if you take the... more travel advice
EagleEye's Related Pages
Cajamarca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Andean Range in Peru - Le Perou andin"
- "CAJAMARCA YO TE QUIERO! CAJAMARCA YO TE ADORO!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cajamarca
- Hotels in Cajamarca
- Restaurants in Cajamarca
- Warnings and Dangers in Cajamarca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cajamarca
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Cajamarca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cajamarca
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 5 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valparaíso Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chachapoyas Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rurrenabaque Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Caraz Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues