"Chachapoyas et les mystères de l'Amazonas" Top 5 Page for this destination Chachapoyas by EagleEye
Chachapoyas Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 161 photos
Chachapoyas is a peaceful town of 25,000 inhabitants located in the north-east of Cordillera Central.
So far my favorite place in Peru : welcoming people, very few tourists and a good starting point to discover the Amazonas region, and the secrets of the Chachapoyas culture.
Many archeological sites are a couple of hour ride from Chachapoyas (including the well restored ruins of Kuelap, Laguna de los Condores, Revash, Yalape, Olan and many others...), and most of the east region of Chachapoyas (to the jungle) is still hiding undiscovered ruins (it's extremely difficult to get in the bosque, and requires loads of $...).
I stayed there more than 10 days here, including a 5 day trek (cf travelogues)
Quite nice scenery ... just 10 km north of Chachapoyas. A 4 hour walk in total - or you can take a taxi from... more travel advice
EagleEye's Related Pages
Chachapoyas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chachapoyas et les mystères de l'Amazonas"
- "Chachapoyas: a Jewel of Northern Peru"
- "Trekking in Chachapoyas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chachapoyas
- Hotels in Chachapoyas
- Transportation in Chachapoyas
- Restaurants in Chachapoyas
- Warnings and Dangers in Chachapoyas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chachapoyas
- 2 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Chachapoyas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chachapoyas
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 5 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valparaíso Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chachapoyas Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rurrenabaque Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Caraz Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues