"Rurre Tranquilo" Rurrenabaque by EagleEye
Rurrenabaque Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 114 photos
Just one hour by plane from La Paz, or 18 hours by bus, Rurrenabaque is the starting place to explore the nearby jungle (selva) and pampa.
It's hot (35C) and humid and the inhabitants' style and rythm of life are quite adapted to it : just relax!
I loved this placed full of small tiendas, motorcycles, karaokes, hamacs and very welcoming people!
And what amazed me the most was the life one can encounter on its way to the pampa (through the towns of Reyes and Santa Rosa)... I just spent the whole trip (3 hours) staring at the landscapes, over and over. If you have time, get off the beaten path and spend some time in this region!
To organize your trips to the jungle and pampa, see General Tip.
For pix, see travelogues!
- Pros:Excellent Introduction to the (malaria-free) jungle and the pampa´s fauna
- Cons:The pampa gets very busy during high season, with a certain impact on the ecosystem...
EagleEye's Related Pages
Rurrenabaque Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rurre & the amazonian rain forest"
- "Rurre Tranquilo"
- "Rurrenabaque, wild amazonian paradise"
- "A pampa trip.... Une pampa du feu de Dieu..."
- "Where the Wild Things Are - Rurrenebaque"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rurrenabaque
- Hotels in Rurrenabaque
- Transportation in Rurrenabaque
- Nightlife in Rurrenabaque
- Restaurants in Rurrenabaque
- Warnings and Dangers in Rurrenabaque
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rurrenabaque
- 1 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Rurrenabaque?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rurrenabaque
Top 10 Pages
- New Zealand Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 5 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valparaíso Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chachapoyas Intro, 2 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rurrenabaque Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- La Paz Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- French Polynesia Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Uyuni Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Caraz Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues