"Interlaken a British Favorite" Switzerland by EdinburghRoc
Switzerland Travel Guide: 14,196 reviews and 42,030 photos
I Require a holiday but where to go to de-stress the mind & clear out the lungs? Dreaming of clean streets & with sociable people saying Hallo! Scenic views with tall trees topped with Snow-cap Mountains with yellow green-fields below. Waking up in the slowing train eyes widening agog on seeing Lake Thun passing on the left. People moving, getting excited as we move into west station. Relaxing, as we have moments to wait, then real excitement as the train, minutes later moves slowly at a leisurely pace. To slowly stop at Interlaken east.
A regiment of buses sits and waits as we collect our suitcases and leave the train. The bus carries the tourists through the wet clean streets of the town, with it's old picturesque houses a horse and carriage going bye, the mountains in mist with green trees below and the meadow in the town centre with it's wild flowers and tourists going to and fro, with rucksacks full and swaying.
Look there is the casino on the right, gee but its great to be back where I haven't been for nine long years. And there, there lies the hotel Herschen built of wood in 1666. Joy to find that I'm remembered, looking forward to good food & wine & friendly locals. Looking forward too, to cable car rides, revolving restaurant on mountaintop, blue lake, Sherlock's Reichenbach Fall & to travel by train inside mountains to see the ice palace at the top of Europe.
How can one forget William Tell's tail told in open air or snow piled high on either side?
Gee but its great to be back in Murren [near Interlaken] snow covered.
Delighted to be back home but feeling dejected, dispirited at the thought of returning to work. When will I once again experience Switzerland's spectacular expanse of panoramic mountains? And there, there to raise the spirits high sits Edinburgh's Castle, majestic in the evening's twilight as the sun sets. Gee but its grand to be back home.
- Pros:Its Beautiful nice place to practise your German.
- Cons:Its too far from Scotland
- In a nutshell:Lots to do lots to see lots to explore.
EdinburghRoc's Related Pages
Switzerland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland was my home for more than 5 years"
- "Switzerland like a dream..."
- "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- "The Heart of Europe"
- "I love Switzerland - and all their cable-cars!"
- "VT Meeting Party for Janet"
- "First-Bachalpsee- First_Tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Switzerland
- Hotels in Switzerland
- Transportation in Switzerland
- Nightlife in Switzerland
- Restaurants in Switzerland
- Shopping in Switzerland
- Warnings and Dangers in Switzerland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Switzerland
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Switzerland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Switzerland
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 173 photos, 5 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 41 reviews, 108 photos, 6 travelogues
- York Intro, 48 reviews, 90 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 23 reviews, 108 photos, 4 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 15 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 21 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Florida Intro, 21 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top Switzerland hotels
- Geneva Hotels
- 980 Reviews - 2075 Photos
- Lucerne Hotels
- 946 Reviews - 2697 Photos
- Zürich Hotels
- 1892 Reviews - 5663 Photos
- Interlaken Hotels
- 506 Reviews - 1355 Photos
- Lausanne Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 879 Photos
- Beatenberg Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Lugano Hotels
- 390 Reviews - 1036 Photos
- Bern Hotels
- 594 Reviews - 1819 Photos
- Cointrin Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Montreux Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 414 Photos
- Basel Hotels
- 496 Reviews - 1384 Photos
- Zermatt Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 1494 Photos
- Lauterbrunnen Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 779 Photos
- Engelberg Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 491 Photos
- Chur Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 357 Photos