"Ray’s Questa." Questa by ray_d
Questa Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 237 photos
The drive south was long and dusty.
Colorado Springs fell quickly to the fast pace.
An accident on the free-way slowed the speed for a half-hour until the site was cleared.
It was one of 3 we came across in the 2 weeks I traveled.
Pueblo and Walsenburg were next.
My first Mexican meal had me an immediate fan of this cuisine.
Not particularly visually appetizing, the taste was wonderfully unique.
Chased by beer Mexican became something I long for, now that I am back in Australia.
San Luis, a quaint outcrop of dilapidated buildings, was marked to the traveling public by a mural on one of it’s buildings.
A dozen or so shops on main street were the only sign of occupation.
No humans were visible.
And then over the New Mexico State line.
Questa nestles at the foot of high hills before a huge expanse of flat productive land.
Just off the Hi-way to the left, a side track and a sign-post lead the way to the strangely wonderful 2-domed adobe where the Artist’s retreat meeting was being held.
Once trough the gateway, a path lead to the house.
In the background lay dark mountains.
In the foreground were AlburgRay, Kathmosphere, Kymba, Lazybee, and and Misha greeted us with open arms that many a VT member must have experienced.
The next 2 days were fun and crazy.
Dino and LaCristina played jazz and Honky-tonk Piano.
Funny Bee thought us Needle-work.
I served the Champagne:o)
The 2 hemispherical domes measured in excess of 25 feet in diameter. Made out of clay, straw and mud they were beautifully insulated.
One held the huge meeting place where our model posed; above the void was a mezzanine floor with the girl’s bedroom and bath-room.
The other dome contained a sitting room and a dining room with a piano and a meandering vine that draped itself over the wooden stair-case and the boy’s bed-room mezzanine floor.
A kitchen and passageway connected the two domes.
Cool and spacious, one can hardly ask for a better place to share friendships.
- Pros:A cocoon of comfort in a expanse of wilderness.
- Cons:Time was in short supply.
- In a nutshell:Next time it happens give me a call:o)
ray_d's Related Pages
Questa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VT Artists Retreat and Associated Road Trips"
- "My quest in Questa"
- "First Annual VT Artist's Meet in Questa, NM"
- "Questa, New Mexico"
- "Ray’s Questa."
- "Basaic Questa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Questa
- Hotels in Questa
- Transportation in Questa
- Nightlife in Questa
- Restaurants in Questa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Questa
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Questa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Questa
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malta Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Williamtown Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Vienna Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Newcastle Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Rust Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Williamstown Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Zejtun Intro, 1 review, 3 photos