"Torch Lake" Torch Lake by Mundus
Torch Lake Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
The Third most beautiful lake in the world according to National Geographic Magazine.
Torch Lake Ranks first in water volume and second in size among Michigan inland lakes.
The Native Americans called the lake, Wass Waganing (place of birch bark torch). They used torches to fish at night.
Torch Lake is famous for its exceptional clear water, remarkable coloring, trout and whitefish.
Accessible by boat from Torch Lake are Clam Lake, Lake Bellaire, Lake Skegemog, and Elk Lake. Providing approximately 70 miles of boating with a lift-out into Lake Michigan at Elk Rapids.
Surface area 18,770 acres
Shoreline 40.8 miles
Maximum depth 330 feet
Average depth 111 feet
Maximum width 2.35 miles
- Pros:blue water, landscape
- Cons:cold water!
Mundus' Related Pages
Torch Lake Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torch Lake
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Torch Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torch Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 38 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Holland Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Forlì Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ravenna Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Figueres Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fátima Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vinci Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seixo Amarelo Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue