"Great little city!" Forlì by Mundus
Forlì Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 28 photos
I'm temporarily living here, before moving to Bologna.
The Roman toponym "Forum Livii" should not trick you about its date and history: the foundation date of the town is uncertain, some scholars would be inclined to suggest the 2nd century BC, others a more recent date.
This area was probably inhabited by the Celts and Gauls who integrated with the aboriginal population. Set at a strategic point along the Via Emilia, for a long time Forlì was an important agricultural centre, harvesting and selling a number of different products. It became a Ghibelline Republic in the 10th century and, in 1241, obtained the right to add the emblem of the Suevian eagle to its shield for the support it gave Federico II. Following this, it was passed on to the Montefeltro, then the Ordelaffi families and was incorporated into the Papal State during the first few years of 1500. It then had to wait for the arrival of the Napoleonic troupes before a long period of inactivity was finally interrupted. A large number of people joined the patriotic rebellions in 1831, among which the figure of Aurelio Saffi, who used all his strength to fight for the unity of Italy, stands out.
Monument to the partisans killed during World War II.
Castrocaro Terme is a famous spa in the town of Castrocaro. Thanks to the therapeutic properties of the precious... more travel advice
This is wihtout a doubt the most famous speciality of the entire Romagna region, as well one of the oldest. The term... more travel advice
Mundus' Related Pages
Forlì Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Forlì - In the shadow of Bologna"
- "Great little city!"
- "Underestimated small artistic city"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Forlì
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Forlì?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Forlì
Photos in ForlìSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 38 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Holland Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Forlì Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ravenna Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Figueres Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fátima Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vinci Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seixo Amarelo Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue