"Welcome to Mundus's HomePage" Mundus's Profile
Check out the blog I've started last year. It's a questions blog. Asking questions is liberating - it helps understand the past and live the present. Answering them is stimulating - it builds the future.
It's called 'What? Why? How? When?'. You can find it here http://whatwhyhowwhen.blogspot.com
My pages are a work in progress (just as my life!)
I'm Portuguese and following a nation's tradition I love to travel. I see the World as something unique that deserves to be seen. I enjoy to interact with persons for different cultures and backgrounds.
My hometown is the beautiful Lisboa! If haven't been there you don't know what you are missing. Given it's geographically location is many times outside the path of travelers, to go to Lisboa you must want to go to Lisboa! What you find will surprise you.
I just moved to Bologna, Italy after five years living in Holland, Michigan. I'm getting used to la bella vita!!
Check out my web page with lots of photos from my trips!
This is a great book by John Noble Wilford that talks about the story of the men and women that helped build something today we take for granted, maps.
Here is an extract from the book: "The Greco-Egyptian emperor Ptolemy III made a shrewd hire when, in about 240 B.C., he appointed a bookworm and poet named Eratosthenes to be the librarian of the great Alexandrian Museum. Eratosthenes, derided by his envious colleagues as a second-stringer, nursed an insatiable curiosity about the natural world. Acting on hunches and sailors' reports, he decided to conduct an experiment to measure the earth's circumference, which he eventually reckoned to be 46,000 kilometers--a little far off the actual mark of 40,000 kilometers but close enough that both Eratosthenes and Ptolemy entered history as founding fathers of the modern science of cartography."
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 110 Reviews
- 208 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Uploaded a Photo to "1st (?) VT Meeting in Bologna"
- Mundus and steph4867 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Bologna Forum "VT Meeting in Bologna!"
- created a San Giovanni in Persiceto Travel Page "I'm here (almost) everyday!"
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Mundus's HomePage"
- Commented on one of Maline's Sweden travel pages
- Wrote a Review Ventas about Bullfighting in Madrid Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 38 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Holland Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Forlì Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ravenna Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Figueres Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fátima Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vinci Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seixo Amarelo Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22167 Reviews - 53887 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23063 Reviews - 47263 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17012 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1909 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7638 Reviews - 19502 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos