"Kairakuen and Ume Taishi" Mito by chapy331
Mito Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 103 photos
Kairakuen is considered to be one of the three most beautiful gardens in Japan, along with Kenrokuen in Ishikawa Prefecture and Korakuen in Okayama Prefecture.
These Ume ambassadors show the inside of the garden.
Kairakuen in Mito City, Ibaraki Prefecture, is a huge garden covering 127,000-square meter (31.4-acre) that was created by a feudal lord who reigned over this area in the Edo period (1603-1868). The garden is characterized by its exquisite design that makes great use of surrounding natural features; for example, neighboring Lake Senba is used as a pond, which is a key feature of traditional gardens.
- Pros:The town whose history and art and a health food (for example, natto, umeboshi) are abundant.
- In a nutshell:Can't you see this crest?
chapy331's Related Pages
Mito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Robot City besides Tokyo!"
- "Kairakuen and Ume Taishi"
- "torun's Mito Page"
- "Ready to be Rediscovered"
- "Mito ?@?…ŒË"
- "Signs of Spring"
- "schmoopy's new Mito Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mito
- Transportation in Mito
- Restaurants in Mito
- Warnings and Dangers in Mito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mito
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Mito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mito
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 1 review, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mito Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aix-en-Provence Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hitachi Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cherbourg Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue