"Mazatlan Mexico by Kimberlyann" Top 5 Page for this destination Mazatlán by KimberlyAnn
Mazatlán Travel Guide: 476 reviews and 779 photos
Mazatlan, meaning "land of the deer" in the ancient Nahuatl language, is a Mexican resort area with 10 miles of beautiful white sand beaches, a festive atmosphere, and many tourist orientated activities to make your stay a fun one. Although this is one of Mexico's most popular vacation destinations, it is also the largest port in Mexico, giving it an economy, which is also independent of the tourist industry. Leave the tourist "Golden Zone" and you will find that life in this city is lived in the old-Mexico style: in the markets, the churches, and the shady plazas scattered throughout the city's neighborhoods. Since Mazatlan was a bustling city long before it discovered that it could also be a beach resort, Mazatlan is a little less touristy than some of the other popular Mexican beachfront tourist communities. The city is divided into two areas. The north is the Golden Zone, where most of the hotels and restaurants are located. The south is the downtown where the heart of the city is. These two areas are connected by Avenue Del Mar, also known as the Malecon, which is a scenic beachfront avenue.
Please note: I have tried to research this information as much as possible, so these pages have been updated as of 2003.
We had a pleasant stay at the Playa. It was nicely laid out and landscaped beautifully. This photo shows the stairway to the Playa's open-air restaurant.
We enjoyed this view each day as we ate our meals at the Playa's outdoor dining area.
- Pros:Warm, sunny, beautiful sandy beaches.
- Cons:Beach can be crowded, beggars on the street.
You can plan a side trip tour (many hotels can plan side trips for you after you arrive), rent a small sailboat,... more travel advice
Mazatlan International Airport is the airport that you will fly into if you are flying. This airport was about a 25... more travel advice
- What to Wear
- Mexican Culture and Ways of Behaving
- Visit a Fiesta
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Mazatlán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mazatlan Surf, sand and sun.."
- "Mazatlan - Just after Y2K bug destroyed the world"
- "Mazatlan Mexico by Kimberlyann"
- "guybert's Mazatlan pages!"
- "Mazatlan - Sunshine, Smiles, & Seafood"
- "Some Good Values in Mazatlan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mazatlán
- Hotels in Mazatlán
- Transportation in Mazatlán
- Nightlife in Mazatlán
- Restaurants in Mazatlán
- Shopping in Mazatlán
- Warnings and Dangers in Mazatlán
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mazatlán
- 15 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Mazatlán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mazatlán
- Posted in Travel Arizona Forum "Re: travel trailer"
- updated a Mazatlán Travel Page "Mazatlan Mexico by Kimberlyann"
- Commented on one of guybert's Mazatlán travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Restaurant and Night Spot on the Wild Side"
- Wrote a Review You Will Find a Wide Variety of Activities about Siteseeing in Mazatlán Favorites
Photos in MazatlánSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 212 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 66 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 18 reviews, 64 photos