Grand Teton National Park Shopping Tips by KimberlyAnn
Grand Teton National Park Shopping: 8 reviews and 12 photos
Colter Bay Village Shops
The Colter Bay Gift Shop has a large number of items that could be purchased for yourself, or as gifts for others. Some of the items you will find are Wyoming themed or made, such post cards, jams, photography books, hiking guides, books on the history of the area, and local made crafts. There is also a section of western themed children’s books. Near the back of the store you will find clothing such as t-shirts, sweat shirts, jackets, warm socks, slacks, and hats. So, if you packed light, and find the days are colder than expected, check out this shop for some additional clothing to layer over what you brought. Looking for a souvenir Grand Teton National Park shirt or hat? This shop has a large selection to choose from.
I purchased a bottle of Huckleberry Jam for my neighbor, and a pair of earrings, which were real aspen leaves that had been gold plated.
Directions: The gift shop is located in Colter Bay Village, next to the General Store.
The Fresh Produce Section of the Store
We were very surprised and impressed with the size of the Colter Bay General Store. We have traveled with our camper trailer to many national parks, and we have never seen a general store with so many food products to choose from. Although not a large supermarket, you could certainly plan and purchase needs for a meal, including fresh produce. This store is designed to serve the people from the nearby cabins and campgrounds. For its size, the store offers a large selection of groceries, snacks, and beverages. It also has delicious in store made pastries. Although we generally do not eat pastries for breakfast, we were on vacation, so why not splurge? There were a number of mornings that my husband got up early, and went over to the store to purchase fresh made, still warm pastries for our breakfast. The store also has an ice cream counter, and a deli for fresh sandwiches, soups, and salads. If you are camping and need ice or firewood, you can also purchase those items at the store. Need cash? You will find an ATM available.
My other photos show views of other areas within the store.
Directions: The store is located in Colter Bay Village.
Theme: Food and Drink
Jenny Lake Store
The Jenny Lake Store is located in a rustic log cabin, and although small, it is still a shop where you can purchase film, souvenirs, gifts, snacks, and a limited amount of groceries. You will also find some clothing, including hats, t-shirts, and sweat shirts. If you are camping, the store has firewood and ice for sale. There are a number of lockers available to rent, if you would like to store a few items while you are out exploring.
What to buy: This is a good place to purchase a Grand Teton National Park themed shirt or hat. I purchased bottle of Mighty Mango, a Naked brand juice that was a blend of mangos and other fruits, and it was delicious, although pricey.
Directions: Located in the Jenny Lake Area, next to the Visitor Center.
More Reviews (54)
- See All On the Shore of Jackson Lake
- Items to Help You Enjoy the Outdoors
- See All If You are Planning on Bringing Your Own...
- See All A Restaurant in Dornam
- See All Dornams, In the Park, But Not Part of...
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Grand Teton National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tall Tales from the Grand Tetons"
- "Majestic Mountains and Moose!"
- "These Mountains cannot be ignored!"
- "Grand Teton or Grand Tetons ?"
- "Grand Teton N.P. - the highest of the Rockies"
- "Best thing about Grand Teton NP? The Locals...."
- "Mountain grandeur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Teton National Park
- Hotels in Grand Teton National Park
- Transportation in Grand Teton National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Teton National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Teton National Park
- Shopping in Grand Teton National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Teton National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jawhar Hotels
- Moon Valley Hotels
- Palm Beach Shores Hotels
- Vejle Hotels
- Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Hamburger Hallig
Badges & Stats in Grand Teton National Park
- 57 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Grand Teton National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Teton National Park
Photos in Grand Teton National ParkSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 86 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 66 reviews, 212 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue