Zion National Park Favorite Tips by KimberlyAnn Top 5 Page for this destination
Zion National Park Favorites: 71 reviews and 84 photos
Favorite thing: Springdale is a tiny little town with about 300 residents, which sits, in a spectacular, scenic setting. Because of its location at the entrance of Zion National Park, the town is supported by tourism. Springdale has a number of accommodations and shops for tourists, and a Giant Screen IMAX theater. This theater is 6 stories high with an 82- foot wide screen and digital surround sound. “Zion Canyon—Treasure of the Gods” which explores Zion National Park and other large-format films may be enjoyed here, including 3-D films.
O.C. Tanner Amphitheater an outside amphitheater presents concerts and multi media productions from Memorial Day to Labor Day, weather permitting. The mountain backdrop provides nature acoustics.
Fondest memory: I love the beauty of Zion, and the wonderful scenic areas to hike and explore, plus have enjoyed watching a number of films in Springdale's IMAX theater. To find out what is playing at the IMAX, visit their web page at: Zion Canyon Theatre.
Favorite thing: This is a wonderful site for anyone wishing to visit Zion National Park. Some of the items covered include activities to do in the area, lodging information, dining information, shopping, services, events, shuttle bus, and information about the park itself. This is a very valuable site; well laid out with extensive information, addresses, web sites, phone numbers, and descriptions.
Web site www.zionpark.com
Address: P.O. Box 331, Springdale, Utah 84767
Zion Human History Museum
Favorite thing: One-half mile north of the south entrance you will find the Zion Human History Museum. Here you will find exhibits that will explain how people from the past were influenced by Zion, as well as the effects humans have had on Zion. While visiting the museum you may view a 22 minute orientation film that highlights the features of the park. You will also find a number of items such as books that you may purchase. An information desk with individuals who can answer your questions and help you plan for your stay in the park is located at the Human History Museum. This museum is closed November 27 through March 3.
Zion Canyon Visitor Center
Favorite thing: There are two visitor centers. The Kolab Canyon Visitor Center is at exit 40 off of I-15 at the entrance of the Kolab Canyon areas of the park. This center can supply you with information about the park. The Zion Canyon Visitor Center is located at the south entrance and has a number of exhibits, including a three-dimensional model of Zion Canyon. Open all year, except Dec. 25, rangers are available to answer your questions and issue backcountry permits. You will find a number of books, maps, postcards, film, and other items for sale at the visitor center. November 28 through March 3, when the History Museum is closed, this visitor center also has a video presentation that introduces you to the park and highlights its most popular trails.
Web Site www.americanparks.net/zion_national_park.htm
More Reviews (24)
- See All Upper Emerald Pool Trail
- See All An Art Gallery with Various Types of Art
- See All Eploring Zion on Horseback
- See All Snow Canyon State Park
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Zion National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Zion National Park Page"
- "Getting High in Zion"
- "Zion National Park, One of My Favorites"
- "Fall Colours and Waterfalls at Zion NP"
- "Zion National Park"
- "Zion, such a wonderful place"
- "Zion National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zion National Park
- Hotels in Zion National Park
- Transportation in Zion National Park
- Nightlife in Zion National Park
- Restaurants in Zion National Park
- Shopping in Zion National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Zion National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sør-Trøndelag Hotels
- Leonardo Hotels
- Lake Ozark
- Kimberley Hotels
- Kierling Hotels
Badges & Stats in Zion National Park
- 28 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Zion National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zion National Park
Photos in Zion National ParkSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 65 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue