"Bryce Canyon National Park by Kimberlyann" Bryce Canyon National Park by KimberlyAnn
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 588 reviews and 1,461 photos
What a beautiful place! These colorful pillars of rocks, called Hoodoos, with their fantastic shapes, and the tall thin ridges called fins really cast a spell of awe upon me. Erosion has done the sculpturing here, and affords you wonderful vistas to gaze upon, take photos of, or hike within. This park follows the edge of the 8,000 – 9,000 foot high Paunsaugunt Plateau. It is the iron oxide in the limestone that gives these rock formations their red, yellow, and brown tints. For another view of Brice or summaries of the other wonderful National Parks in Utah visit my Must See section of my Utah page. (Built during the old VT design before one could do National Parks as a location.) Visit this web site www.nps.gov/brca to learn about travel basics, camping, lodging, activities, facilities, fees, and permits.
- Pros:Beautiful views whether you drive or hike within the park.
- Cons:Weather can effect your views as well as your ability to hike the varied trails.
- In a nutshell:Some of the most dramatic views in Utah may be seen here.
Remember that there are steep drop-offs in the park, so if you travel with children be especially cautious and watch... more travel advice
Stop by the visitor center, watch the free slide presentation, look at the exhibits, and pick up information for a... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Hoodoos and Queens"
- "Bryce Canyon – magic encounters with artist Earth"
- "Don't Think Thrice, Bryce is All Right!"
- "Hoodoo's-NOt Boo Hoo's"
- "Colourful and Weird Hoodoos at Bryce"
- "Bryce Canyon National Park"
- "Roundtrip USA : part 16 Bryce Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Bryce Canyon National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bryce Canyon National Park
- 8 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Bryce Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Posted in Travel Yellowstone National Park Forum "Re: where to start"
- updated a Bryce Canyon National Park Travel Page "Bryce Canyon National Park by Kimberlyann"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bryce Canyon National Park by Kimberlyann"
- Wrote a Review Horse Back Riding Into the Canyon in Bryce Canyon National Park Sports & Outdoors
Photos in Bryce Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 86 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 66 reviews, 212 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue