"Lovely Murrells Inlet, South Carolina" Murrells Inlet by KimberlyAnn
Murrells Inlet Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 59 photos
Murrells Inlet is a marshland community that according to legend was named after Captain Murrell, a pirate who used the inlet as his base. This gem of a small community, with only 3,300 people is known for its seafood, including oysters, crabs, clams, fish, and shrimp. Founded in the late eighteenth century by a Captain Morrall, Murrells Inlet has supplied the Waccamaw Neck with fresh seafood for over 200 years. You can watch the Fishing boats as they leave the docks daily, and purchase fresh fish caught that day. If you enjoy deep-sea fishing you will find charters that will take you out for a fishing excursion. Nearby Huntington Beach State park is considered to be one of the best bird watching areas on the east coast. This village is located in what is called the Grand Strand, which is an area that runs from North Myrtle Beach to historic Georgetown. The Grand Strand is a popular area for visitors as it offers an array of motels, restaurants, campgrounds, beaches, and shopping areas.
- Pros:Only 10 miles south of the busy bustling town of Myrtle Beach, Murrells Inlet is a nature and ocean lover's paradise.
- In a nutshell:A quite little community where you can hike, walk along a beautiful beach, and eat fresh seafood daily.
Sea oats are an important plant, which helps to preserve the sand dunes along the coast of South Carolina. Its roots... more travel advice
Atalaya is located in Huntington Beach State Park. This park was named for the noted American sculptress Anna Hyatt... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Murrells Inlet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Murrells Inlet, South Carolina"
- "Wacamaw River and Brookgreen Gardens"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Murrells Inlet
- Hotels in Murrells Inlet
- Nightlife in Murrells Inlet
- Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
- Shopping in Murrells Inlet
- Warnings and Dangers in Murrells Inlet
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Murrells Inlet
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Murrells Inlet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murrells Inlet
Photos in Murrells InletSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 212 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 66 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos