"Beaufort, Beaches and History" Top 5 Page for this destination Beaufort by KimberlyAnn
Beaufort Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 214 photos
This is a wonderful, old historic port town with oak-canopied streets. The old pre-Revolutionary War and antebellum homes are beautiful, and the history is very interesting, dating back to Spanish exploration in 1520. The buggy ride is well worth the money if you are interested in hearing the history of the area. The near-by state park (Hunting Island) has a nice campground next to a pretty beach, where we watched dolphins hunting close to shore every morning. This is a place I may return to someday.
We love lighthouses! This is the view you will find if you climb to the top of the Hunting Island 1873 Lighthouse near Beaufort.
Beaufort sits on a lovely bay with trees laced with Spanish Moss.
- Pros:Full of history and natural southern beauty.
- In a nutshell:Beaufort is a lovely town whose downtown area has the atmosphere of the old south.
Climb to the top of the lighthouse, which is located in the center of Hunting State Park. This lighthouse, built in... more travel advice
On Feburary 22, 1886 the Chapel of Ease Episcopal Church was burned in a forest fire, and what remains are the ruins... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Beaufort Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "beaufort south carolina"
- "Beautiful Beaufort"
- "Beaufort, Beaches and History"
- "Sinking into Beautiful Beaufort"
- "Randall_Burt's new Beaufort Page"
- "GRACIOUS BEAUFORT, SOUTH CAROLINA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beaufort
- Hotels in Beaufort
- Transportation in Beaufort
- Restaurants in Beaufort
- Shopping in Beaufort
- Warnings and Dangers in Beaufort
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beaufort
- 10 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Beaufort?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beaufort
Photos in BeaufortSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 213 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 67 reviews, 219 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Petrified Forest National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos