"KimberlyAnn's Florence Page" Florence by KimberlyAnn
Florence Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 513 photos
Florence is a small town with a population a little over 5,200. It sits along the Pacific Ocean at only 11 ft. above sea level. There are many sand dunes around Florence, some as high as 300 ft. The scenic route of US 101 bisects Florence and several attractions can be seen along this drive. Stop at the Florence Chamber of commerce at 270 Hwy. 101, and pick up information about what to see around the Florence area.
- Pros:A beautiful area with a variety of fun things to explore.
- Cons:It can be gray, rainy, and chilly in the off season.
- In a nutshell:Pick your time, pack your raincoat, and enjoy this beautiful area of the U.S.
If you enjoy light houses, the Heceta Head Lighthouse can be seen from the Sea Lion Cave look out point. This lighthouse... more travel advice
We stayed in Jessie M. Honeyman Memorial State Park, which is near Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. Jessie M.... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A bond in the family"
- "FLORENCE - SEA LIONS, DUNES AND COVERED BRIDGES"
- "Ken's Afternoon in Florence"
- "City in the Sand Dunes"
- "Birchy's Second Home Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 65 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue