"Billings, Montana" Top 5 Page for this destination Billings by KimberlyAnn

Billings Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 100 photos

At a population of about 89,847 Billings is the largest city in our hometown area. About 105 miles north of my hometown of Cody, Wyoming, this is the city we come to for shopping not available in Cody, or for a night out at the Alberta Bair Theater. The town was named for the president of the Northern Pacific Railroad who laid out the city in 1882. In five months the new town grew from a single building to 250 buildings and 2,000 citizens. The most striking natural feature to be seen from Billings is its Rimrocks that rise 400 feet above the Yellowstone Valley and run the length of the city and beyond

The official web site for Billings is http://ci.billings.mt.us Here you will find information about visiting Billings, living in Billings, and a community calendar.

• Intro Updated May 3, 2008

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2008 at 4:30 PM

Outstanding restaurant and hotel tips! [5-stars all the way!] Still smiling about the Oysters [?]...Yuck! Your tips are detailed, helpful, and, best of all, so interesting.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Had to revisit and see what you've been up to. I would love to visit Pictograph Cave..and thank you for the tip about the oysters...

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 12:54 PM

When we were in Wyoming last summer we could see the smoke of a huge forest fire near Billings from the Pryor & Big Horn Mountains - I hope the area is now recovering from that?

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Montana is such a beautiful state, and I have only driven through Billings. Next time I must stop & lunch at one of those Gr8 restaurants you wrote about : p

• VdV's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2007 at 6:56 PM

Hi KimberlyAnn! So you finally went to Qs...sounds like you enjoyed the Strawberry/Spinach salad as much as I did. I'm hoping to return there someday; it's such a nice town. Stay warm!

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2004 at 9:38 AM

I have only ever been through Billings, good tips if I ever go over there to visit. think you have to live here to understand the outside plugs and the testicle festival(oh thats rock creek!)

KimberlyAnn Visits Here Frequently!

KimberlyAnn

“Respect all living things, accept man's differences.”

Badges & Stats in Billings

Have you been to Billings?