"Kimberlyann's Copper Harbor Pages" Copper Harbor by KimberlyAnn
Copper Harbor Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 149 photos
Copper Harbor is a small tourist community located at the tip of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (the U.P). The Upper Peninsula, approximately fifty miles long and fifteen miles wide, juts into Lake Superior, lying at the northernmost tip of Michigan, and located north of Wisconsin. Copper Harbor is a little over an hours drive from Houghton, where we live in the summer, and is an interesting area. We visit the small village of Copper Harbor at least once a year, sometimes by car, and other times after sailing across Lake Superior on our return trip from Canada. This is Michigan's northernmost community, and is popular with summer vacationers as well as locals. This small town offers a variety of gift shops, a great view of Lake Superior, the possibility of boating, fishing, swimming, and hiking, a fort and light house to visit, as well as restaurants and overnight lodging.
Sometimes we arrive in Copper Harbor by car, other times we arrive by boat. Here we are sailing along on Impulse, well actually motoring. But where are we? Oh, "Auto", our trusty autohelm is doing the steering and we are briefly down below. Some friends who were motoring along side of us in their sailboat took the photo. Where is that wind when you need it?
When you enter and leave the harbor, either in your own boat, or on the Isle Royal Queen, you will pass by this buoy. It is my favorite buoy in the Keweenaw area. This is a bell buoy, and when there are waves it rocks, ringing its bells and giving you a musical welcome or send off.
For a view of the Copper Harbor light house, and to hear this wonderful bell buoy, check out My Favorite Buoy video.
- Pros:A beautiful view of Lake Superior , history, and that great German restaurant.
- Cons:Those darn mosquitoes and biting flies.
- In a nutshell:Copper Harbor is a tourist town that even residents from the UP enjoy visiting.
The Tamarack Inn, a reasonably priced restaurant, is where I go for breakfast if I am not in the mood for the... more travel advice
Every summer on the 3rd weekend in August, Copper Harbor sponsors a two day Art in the Park show and sale. During this... more travel advice
- See All So You Want To Visit Isle Royal National...
- See All For Lots of Helpful Information
- See All Enjoy A Kayak Trip or Lesson
- See All Golfing and Other Sports
- Water, Weather, and Insects
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Copper Harbor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kimberlyann's Copper Harbor Pages"
- "No matter which Way you go, There is Lake Superior"
- "Places in the Western U.P. #1"
- "Top of the Keweenaw - End of the Road"
- "Upper Peninsula Michigan USA"
- "Where the road less travels begins..."
- "Basaic Copper Harbor Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copper Harbor
- Hotels in Copper Harbor
- Transportation in Copper Harbor
- Restaurants in Copper Harbor
- Shopping in Copper Harbor
- Warnings and Dangers in Copper Harbor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Copper Harbor
- 36 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Copper Harbor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copper Harbor
- updated a Copper Harbor Travelogue "Traveling to Copper Harbor Aboard Impulse"
- Posted in Travel Moab Forum "Re: Canyonlands"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Place to Walk In the Quite of a U.P. Forest"
- Wrote a Review My Favorite Pancake Breakfast in Copper Harbor Restaurants
- Commented on one of sophiebeans's Copper Harbor travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Copper Harbor
Photos in Copper HarborSee All Photos (90)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 213 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 66 reviews, 217 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Petrified Forest National Park Intro, 19 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos