"KimberlyAnn's Bowling Green Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Bowling Green by KimberlyAnn
Bowling Green Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 142 photos
When Bowling Green was settled, the area was known as the Barrens because it was located on an open prairie surrounded by forests. Fountain Square Park has been the center of downtown Bowling Green since 1798. The park was built between 1871 and 1872 with a stone fountain at its center, but in 1881 this was replaced with a large cast iron fountain. Throughout this small park, which forms the town square, you will find statues, benches, and urns. The thing that most people recognize the name of Bowling Green for today, is that this town is the home of the Corvette. Every Corvette produced since 1982 has been manufactured at the Bowling Green plant.
- In a nutshell:If you like the Vette, you will love Bowling Green.
At the National Corvette Museum you can see classic, in mint condition cars; pace cars, current day models, and... more travel advice
Beech Bend Campground has 500 Campsites, of which 200 have full hook-ups. Most of the sites, except those along the... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Bowling Green Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where's the Green?"
- "KimberlyAnn's Bowling Green Page"
- "Bowling Green, Kentucky"
- "A couple of decades and then some"
- "Sales Meeting Slam"
- "Home Away from Home"
- "shogun97's Crap Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bowling Green
- Hotels in Bowling Green
- Restaurants in Bowling Green
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bowling Green
- 5 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Bowling Green?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bowling Green
- Posted in Travel Yellowstone National Park Forum "Re: September weather, when to..."
- Commented on one of Little_Lou_Lou's Bowling Green travel pages
- updated a Bowling Green Travelogue "A Peek at the National Corvette Museum"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Peek at the National Corvette Museum"
- Wrote a Review The National Corvette Museum and Factory about National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 212 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 67 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue