Everglades National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by KimberlyAnn Top 5 Page for this destination
Everglades National Park Warnings and Dangers: 30 reviews and 36 photos
Hiking in the Coastal Plains
If you are hiking off-trail beware of the sawgrass as it has sharp barbs that can easily slash bare skin and thin clothing. Watch your footing as mucky soil, sharp-edged rocks, and holes can cause accidents. Also watch out for poisonous snakes such as diamondback and pygmy rattlesnakes, water moccasins, and coral snakes, as well as poisonous plants such as poison ivy, poisonwood, and manchineel. Ask a ranger or staff member at the visitor center what these poisonous plants look like. Remember that the animals in the park are wild. Many alligators have lost their fear of humans, but this does not mean they are tame. Stay at least 15 feet away from them as they can easily out run you. While hiking if you see a comfortable looking log to take a break on I would recommend examining it carefully before sitting down. You may find that it is inhabited by thousands of small ants that will resent your bottom on their home. Swimming is not advised in the park because of the alligators and snakes that live in ponds and the sharks and barracuda reside in the saltwater areas.
More Reviews (26)
- See All Activities to Do In the Park
- Backcountry Camping, Biking and Boating
- A Great Place for Fresh Produce or a...
- How to Stay Comfortable
- Airboat rides
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Everglades National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Everglades National Park Page"
- "Okefenokee's River of Grass"
- "Among the lushest national parks in the system"
- "everglades national park"
- "Everglades National Park by Kimberlyann"
- "The Everglades "River of Grass""
- "Everglades National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Everglades National Park
- Hotels in Everglades National Park
- Transportation in Everglades National Park
- Nightlife in Everglades National Park
- Restaurants in Everglades National Park
- Shopping in Everglades National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Everglades National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gxulu Hotels
- Primorsko Hotels
- San Pedro Hotels
- Lille Sommarøya Hotels
- Fort Wayne
- Mahé Warnings and Dangers
- Punta Arenas Warnings and Dangers
- Rocky Mountain National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Treviso Warnings and Dangers
- Lazio Warnings and Dangers
- Varadero Warnings and Dangers
- Antwerp Warnings and Dangers
- How safe is the seawater
- Province of British Columbia Warnings and Dangers
- Marburg an der Lahn Warnings and Dangers
- Breckenridge Warnings and Dangers
- Charlotte Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Everglades National Park
- 27 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Everglades National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Everglades National Park
- Posted in Travel Springdale Forum "Re: Zion trip in Winter"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Great Place for Fresh Produce or a Special Treat"
- Commented on one of roamer61's Everglades National Park travel pages
- updated a Everglades National Park Travel Page "Everglades National Park by Kimberlyann"
- Wrote a Review Activities to Do In the Park in Everglades National Park Favorites
Photos in Everglades National ParkSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 65 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue