"Redwood National and State Parks, Big Tree Country" Top 5 Page for this destination Redwood National Park by KimberlyAnn
Redwood National Park Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 239 photos
Our Stay in Redwood National and State Parks was filled with gray days, gray skies, fog, and a number of light rains. Still, despite the gloom, we enjoyed our stay in this beautiful forest of towering redwoods. These coastal redwoods are the tallest living trees on our planet, standing taller than the Statue of Liberty in New York, at 367.8 feet. I often stood at the base of these trees and couldn’t even begin to see their top. These wonderful trees can live to be about 2,000 years old, with the average life span between 500 and 700 years. They are a hardy tree, surviving fires and insect invasions. But besides these wonderful trees that the park is named for, Redwood National Park also has marshlands, prairies, rivers, and a coastal area with a rugged coastline and sandy beaches. As you pick up your park flyer, you will notice that it is laid out in various areas. Looking closely you will see that some of these areas are actually state owned, with the state and national run areas combine to form one large protected area to explore.
The park is located along the northern cost of California between Crescent City and Orick, about 302 miles north of San Francisco on US 101.
For additional information on Redwood National Park visit www.nps.gov/redw
- Pros:Redwoods is always a beautiful place.
- Cons:It can be gray and gloomy.
One of the best places to start out your visit to Redwoods National Park is to stop at one of the visitor centers. Its... more travel advice
As you hike the woods of Redwood National and State Parks, watch for the large, Pacific banana slug. This is the second... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Redwood National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Redwood National Park Page"
- "Visit the giants!"
- "Redwood National and State Parks, Big Tree Country"
- "Sequoia Sempervirens"
- "Redwood National Park"
- "California Redwoods - home of the "Giants""
- "Redwood National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Redwood National Park
- Hotels in Redwood National Park
- Restaurants in Redwood National Park
- Shopping in Redwood National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Redwood National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Redwood National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Redwood National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Redwood National Park
- Posted in Travel Yellowstone National Park Forum "Re: where to start"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Crescent City"
- Commented on one of maverick-mw's Redwood National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review For Information in Redwood National Park Favorites
- updated a Redwood National Park Travel Page "Redwood National and State Parks, Big Tree Country"
Photos in Redwood National ParkSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 86 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 66 reviews, 212 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue