"Pismo Beach, CA, An Enjoyable Place To Be" Top 5 Page for this destination Pismo Beach by KimberlyAnn
Pismo Beach Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 186 photos
The town of Pismo beach was begun in 1891. Located along the Pacific Ocean about half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco, this town is geared toward beach and tourist activities. With restaurants, golfing, a Butterfly Grove, and a beach to enjoy, you will find a lot of activities for people who enjoy the outdoors. In the old town section there is a 1,200 foot long pier that you can walk out on for fishing, watching the sunset, or just sightseeing. This may be a plus or minus for you, but cars are allowed on some areas of the beach.
There are times when Pismo Beach receives a lot of fog. This picture was taken on an early March Day as the fog was just beginning to lift. My husband asked a store clerk how long the fog would remain in town. The clerk said, “All summer.”
- Pros:A nice town in an attractive setting, with a pleasant beach.
- Cons:Lots of fog in the summers.
The Pismo area is famous for the thousands of Monarch butterflies that migrate to the area, looking for shelter from the... more travel advice
Do you want toys for the beach, kites, beach gear, flags, banners, or wind art? If so, then you must visit The Sky is... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Pismo Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home away from home :)"
- "Pismo Beach, CA, An Enjoyable Place To Be"
- "PISMO BEACH SAND AND SURF"
- "A Long Weekend of Wonderful Nothing"
- "A night in Pismo"
- "Classic California Beach Town"
- "Pismo Beach A Change of Pace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pismo Beach
- Hotels in Pismo Beach
- Transportation in Pismo Beach
- Nightlife in Pismo Beach
- Restaurants in Pismo Beach
- Shopping in Pismo Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Pismo Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pismo Beach
- 17 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Pismo Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pismo Beach
- Posted in Travel San Francisco Forum "Re: San Fran/Montery/Big Sur..."
- Commented on one of travelgourmet's Pismo Beach videos
- Uploaded a Video to Pismo Beach
- Uploaded a Photo to "Small Lower Dock"
- updated a Pismo Beach Travel Page "Pismo Beach, CA, An Enjoyable Place To Be"
- Wrote a Review Monarch Marvels in Pismo Beach Favorites
Photos in Pismo BeachSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 212 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 67 reviews, 215 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue