"Fun in the Sun, Carpinteria State Beach" Carpinteria State Beach by KimberlyAnn
Carpinteria State Beach Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 24 photos
Carpinteria State Park (rhymes with Maria) is located in the popular resort community of Carpinteria, California. With a beautiful setting nestled between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the ocean, Carpinteria is a center for commercial flower and avacado growing as well as tourism. Located 12 miles southeast of Santa Barbara, Carpinteria has sandy beaches, and the Channel Islands, which lie off the coast create a natural reef breakwater that prevents riptides. This State Beach also has very nice tide pools and one of the state’s largest camping facilities. The wildlife in the state beach is made up of small mammals, lizards, tree frogs, birds, and tiny sea creatures. Also keep your eyes open for harbors seals swimming along the beach area. The climate here tends to be warm in the summer, but it can be cool in the fall and winter, so layered clothing may be needed during these cooler seasons.
We loved this small California town with it’s beautiful mountain backdrop, and wonderful restaurants. The state park is located right in the downtown area, and the streets are well laied out with bicycle lanes, making it easy to ride around town and to the post office.
The town is very clean, and the people seem to take pride in their community. I especially liked this Harbor Seal fountain in the downtown area.
- Cons:Off Shore Oil Platforms mar the pristine view of the Channel Islands.
This is not your ordinary large grocery store. Smaller in size, there are a lot of organic foods, and unique items as... more travel advice
The Spanish named the area Carpinteria because the Chumash Indian people who use to live in the area built their large... more travel advice
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Carpinteria State Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fun in the Sun, Carpinteria State Beach"
- Create a Carpinteria State Beach Travel Page
- Things to Do in Carpinteria State Beach
- Hotels in Carpinteria State Beach
- Restaurants in Carpinteria State Beach
- Shopping in Carpinteria State Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Carpinteria State Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carpinteria State Beach
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Carpinteria State Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carpinteria State Beach
- Posted in Travel Yellowstone National Park Forum "Re: where to start"
- updated a Carpinteria State Beach Travel Page "Fun in the Sun, Carpinteria State Beach"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fun in the Sun, Carpinteria State Beach"
- Uploaded a Video to Carpinteria State Beach
- Wrote a Review My Favorite Chain Food Market in Carpinteria State Beach Shopping
Photos in Carpinteria State BeachSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 86 reviews, 208 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 66 reviews, 212 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue