Florida Warnings Or Dangers Tips by KimberlyAnn
Florida Warnings and Dangers: 83 reviews and 56 photos
Disney World, A Fun Place To Visit
Be careful when purchasing theme park tickets in the Orlando area. Compare deals carefully. The problem lies in the fact that often park-hopper passes list too many parks to be visited in too few days. With this type of an offer, it is really impossible to see all the parks on your purchased list before the time period expires. If you do not go to most, if not all of the parks on the list, you may actually loose money. So it is important to decide which parks you plan on visiting, then do a careful price comparison before purchasing tickets for each park, or purchasing a package deal. You may find that the deal turns out to be no deal at all. If you have not been to the parks in the past, you will probably want to spend at least one full day in each that you visit. So if you have two or three days, and purchase a pass to get you into five parks, this may not be a savings. The people that this type of pass is best for, are those who have been to Orlando a number of times, and want to pop in and out of various parks.
Gator in Fakahatchee
Fakahatchee, I love this preserve, but when you are in the back country be aware that there is a lot of poison ivy, as well as wasp mounds. Many other preserves and state parks also have poison ivy, and other poisonous plants. Find out what they are and what they look like so that you can avoid them.
Stay at least 15 feet away from wild alligators, they may look slow, but they can move fast for a short distance. Also that old tale about if a gator chases you run in a zigzag fashion is only a wise tale and will only slow you down. I have seen LOTS of gators in the wild country of Florida, and have had no problem with them.
If you are camping be aware that raccoons, and birds such as crows, ravens, gulls, and even vultures, will rob your picnic table if you leave food out. Pack it away inside your car, hard sided storage box, or RV, even if leaving for a short time. Tents are no protection, some animals, such as raccoons, will have no problem entering your tent for a snack.
More Reviews (48)
- See All Topsail Hill Preserve State Park
- See All Another Lovely Panhandle Campground
- See All St. Andrew's State Park
- See All A Popular Restaurant
KimberlyAnn's Related Pages
Florida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Sunny Florida"
- "FLORIDA THEME PARKS FUN - LIFES A BEACH"
- "Rich Tapestry of Sand, Wetlands, & Forests"
- "Come to the Sunshine State"
- "Finding Florida, Today and the Way It Was"
- "Jefie's first visit to Southwest Florida!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florida
- Hotels in Florida
- Transportation in Florida
- Nightlife in Florida
- Restaurants in Florida
- Shopping in Florida
- Warnings and Dangers in Florida
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tirrenia Hotels
- Builth Wells Hotels
- Boca Mismaloya Hotels
- Bello Hotels
- Western Isles
- Ban Thabok
- Kokkini Khanion
- Sierra Vista Warnings and Dangers
- Vermont Warnings and Dangers
- Fort William Warnings and Dangers
- Rocky Mountain National Park Warnings and Dangers
- York Warnings and Dangers
- Tagaytay City Warnings and Dangers
- Murcia Warnings and Dangers
- Folkestone Warnings and Dangers
- Stresa Warnings and Dangers
- Oklahoma City Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Florida
- 77 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Florida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florida
- Posted in Travel Springdale Forum "Re: Zion trip in Winter"
- updated a Florida Travel Page "Finding Florida, Today and the Way It Was"
- Wrote a Review Topsail Hill Preserve State Park in Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Topsail Hill Preserve State Park"
- Commented on one of Tim810's Florida travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yellowstone National Park Intro, 87 reviews, 210 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cody Intro, 65 reviews, 207 photos, 6 travelogues
- Grand Teton National Park Intro, 57 reviews, 142 photos
- Florida Intro, 50 reviews, 92 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houghton Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copper Harbor Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marquette Intro, 31 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Intro, 28 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bend National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (28)
Top Florida hotels
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Key West Hotels
- 2037 Reviews - 4028 Photos
- Miami Beach Hotels
- 1034 Reviews - 2092 Photos
- Kissimmee Hotels
- 181 Reviews - 351 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Miami Hotels
- 1267 Reviews - 2919 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 291 Photos
- Daytona Beach Hotels
- 226 Reviews - 472 Photos
- Saint Augustine Hotels
- 710 Reviews - 1930 Photos
- Tampa Hotels
- 1024 Reviews - 2336 Photos
- Naples Hotels
- 269 Reviews - 610 Photos
- Fort Myers Beach Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 254 Photos
- Key Largo Hotels
- 127 Reviews - 252 Photos
- Saint Pete Beach Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 143 Photos
- Sanibel Island Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 374 Photos