"The Sampsons in Varazdin" Varazdin by Nykaenen

Varazdin Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 378 photos

I've been to Varazdin many times before,
however, it took 3 wonderful people from Israel & one
ever inspiring Croat to make Varazdin the unforgettable experience!

The initial plan: Boris will pick me up at my place, we will go to the Sampsons' hotel and then head for Varazdin in two cars. There's no plan B.

Plan B: Boris did not pick me up and his cell phone is switched off. Martin comes to pick me up and we hit the road without Boris, but he is the subject of our gossip :-)Unanimous conclusion is that he has overslept! We can't wait to hear whar excuse he will come up with!
I use the one-hour drive to tell
the true story about my trip with Boris to Bolzano + explain about the extensive highway construction in Croatia.

My cell phone rings - it's Boris. He hasn't overslept -
he had to take care of some unexpected business matters in Sisak! Yeah, as if we believe it... Boris, we still don't believe you :-)

Some people we like until we meet them in person, others we like even better after that. To say that the second is true for Martin_S. would be an understatement! After only a couple of hours spent around the dinner table with him, Zohara (his wife) and Tal (his daughter), I felt as if I knew them for years. They must have felt the same for they let me take them for a 1-day tour of Varazdin & Trakoscan. To be more precise, they let
Boris (croisbeauty) and me to take them around, but hm... you've already seen how the day started!

• In a nutshell:It's no fun without Boris but you never know when he will come!
  • Last visit to Varazdin: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 23, 2003

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2004 at 10:09 PM

Great page Zdenka ! Thank you for sharing !

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2004 at 3:47 AM

Da citiram znanog hrvatskog pisca bajki: "Ajmo upri ..." Prekrasno pises, ajde napisi jos, please!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 8:25 AM

" Komm mit nach Varazdin, solange noch die Rosen bluehn..." is a famous song in an Operetta (?) , it came into my mind , while reading your stories... BUT where are the roses ???

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2003 at 1:16 AM

Zdenka, now I know why Zohara keeps telling me "But Zdenka told me you would purchase THAT CASTLE for me"....

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2003 at 4:58 PM

AJMO, UPRI DALJE

• Nykaenen's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2003 at 2:29 AM

Anna, I'm afraid that's Martin. And yes, you're right saying that he looks scary! I was frightened all the time ;-))

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2003 at 6:08 PM

nisam zaboravio, zelio bih biti

• kimmo_v's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2003 at 8:19 AM

Silence is golden? Zdenka, is here coming any text? :-) If so, let me know!

Nykaenen

“I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”

Badges & Stats in Varazdin

Have you been to Varazdin?

Latest Activity in Varazdin