"WILD BEAUTY" Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro by Nykaenen
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide: 2,480 reviews and 5,977 photos
Mountain chains are neverending! Canyons are frighteningly deep (Tara canyon is 2nd deepest in the world after the Grand Canyon)!
Roads are nerve-breaking! Tunnels outnumber inhabitants...
The above photo best illustrates 90% of the country --> mountains wherever you look!!! Although from lower altitudes mountain ranges might look frightening,
view from peaks is awesome and worth all the sweating and sore muscles :)))
During my 10-day stay, I based myself in Podgorica because I was staying with a friend there. If you don't have a good friend there, you have hardly any reason to visit the capital (unles you want to see what a place not worth visiting looks like). Sad, but true.
Where to go, what to see? Montenegrin coastline is 293 km long with 73 km of beaches. Budva is probably the most famous seaside resort, Ulcinj has the most beautiful beach (13 km long).
There are twice as many Belgrade car plates as all others combined meaning that tourists from Belgrade set trends. If you like Serbian turbo folk music and glittery clothes, then you'll like most seaside resorts, esp Budva. I'm no fan of such lifestyle and the seaside did not appeal to me particularly.
Montenegrin interior is the real jewel of the country. Mountains, canyons, monasteries and the town of Cetinje are in my opinion much more worth of your time and money. During hot summer days (and nights!), a stay in the mountains can be double rewarding. Tourist brouchures will tell you that an average air temperature in summer is 27,4 C, but my experience was 39 C and up, esp in Podgorica.
- Pros:Beautiful nature
- Cons:Poor infrastructure (roads, accomodation)
CASH! Don't be silly like me – I had a friend who advised me to leave my cards at home, but I found it hard to believe... more travel advice
Nykaenen's Related Pages
Republic of Montenegro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Crna Gora"
- "Montenegro - A Visit to the Old Country"
- "WILD BEAUTY"
- "Od sveg srca cestitamo nezavisnost!"
- "Magic of Montenegro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Republic of Montenegro
- Hotels in Republic of Montenegro
- Transportation in Republic of Montenegro
- Nightlife in Republic of Montenegro
- Restaurants in Republic of Montenegro
- Shopping in Republic of Montenegro
- Warnings and Dangers in Republic of Montenegro
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Republic of Montenegro
- 45 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Republic of Montenegro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Republic of Montenegro
Photos in Republic of MontenegroSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 42 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Republic of Montenegro Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Graz Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos, 4 travelogues
- Innsbruck Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kranjska Gora Intro, 16 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Villach Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vukovar Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Bischofshofen Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Republic of Montenegro hotels
- Budva Hotels
- 332 Reviews - 786 Photos
- Kotor Hotels
- 552 Reviews - 1292 Photos
- Herceg-Novi Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 410 Photos
- Ulcinj Hotels
- 140 Reviews - 295 Photos
- Tivat Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Perazica Do Hotels
- 1 Review - 2 Photos
- Sveti Stefan Hotels
- 64 Reviews - 171 Photos
- Podgorica Hotels
- 68 Reviews - 129 Photos
- Bar Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Otocic Mamula Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Kolasin Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 53 Photos
- Igalo Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Donji Stoj Hotels
- 6 Reviews - 21 Photos
- Becici Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 11 Photos
- Petrovac Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 23 Photos