"Goodsprings - Nevada - USA" Goodsprings by TinKan
Goodsprings Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 24 photos
Ore deposits readily recognized in the faulted and folded limestone deposits of this district remained un-worked until 1856, when the Mormons developed a single lead mine at Potosi which is probably the oldest lode mine in Nevada.
Named for cattleman Joseph Good, the open springs area was developed into the mining-ranching community of Goodsprings by A.G. Campbell.
With completion of the Los Angeles-Salt Lake Railroad in 1905 and the narrow-gauge Yellow Pine Railroad from Jean to Goodsprings in 1911, transportation costs of the oxidized zinc minerals were reduced. The peak year of operations was reached in 1916, and Goodsprings then had 800 residents.
This district, with the greatest variety of valuable minerals in Nevada, produced a total of $25 million primarily in lead and zinc, with lesser amounts of gold, silver, copper, molybdenum, vanadium, nickel, cobalt, platinum, palladium and uranium.
TinKan's Related Pages
Goodsprings Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Goodsprings
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Goodsprings?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Goodsprings
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues