"Solvang, California" Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang by TinKan

Solvang Travel Guide: 270 reviews and 682 photos

Biggest American Danish Village

Solvang is a nice American Danish Village with old country architecture, windmills and even cobblestone sidewalks.

The town is a popular tourist town with weekenders and has much to offer in the way of traditional food and drink.

The countryside nearby is very beautiful and does truley look like you have steped into another country and another time.

April 2004 VT Meeting

We had an over night VT meeting over the Easter weekend in Solvang and it was a very nice time had by all.

Spartan, LJ, Traveldogs, AnnK, AK2, Dionosaur and myself were there. Some of us brought our pets with us as the hotel we chose is a pet friendly hotel.

Read some of the pages and check out the travelouge for more info about the weekend VT meeting.

• Pros:Good place if you miss Europe
  • Cons:$$$$ and to many tourists in the summer
  • In a nutshell:Good place if you miss Europe and want some good food
  • Last visit to Solvang: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2004

• Aug 9, 2004 at 8:56 AM

Give me some dates and if my calendar's free for that weekend, I'd definitely be up for Solvang. About time, it's been a few years since I was there last. Great pix and tips of this place!

• Hosell's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2004 at 6:11 PM

Great page,it looks like a very nice place to see,beautiful pictures,I like the windmill also!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2004 at 7:19 PM

nice pictures from your solvang meeting.

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2004 at 10:04 PM

Am so jealous I missed being in Solvang with you all. Would you believe I waited so long for the 11:30 am Casino bus to Solvang but I had the wrong hour 10:30 am on my watch. I forgot to change it to Daylight Sav. time.

• traveldogs's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2004 at 8:39 AM

Great pictures, wonderful food, excellent company and awesome location :-)

• annk's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2004 at 5:22 PM

Solvang was a great place for a VT meeting...thanks for arranging!!! Enjoyed seeing everyone and the VT dogs!! Next time we'll bring one or 2 of ours.

• just4funds's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2004 at 8:14 PM

Looks like a neat place. The windmill made me think of the Dutch, and of course the extremely heavy population here in the Grand Rapids area (Holland, MI is just a 1/2 hour away.) Tulip Time is coming!

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2004 at 7:34 PM

Looks like a good VT get-together, sorry I missed it.

• TinKan's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2004 at 7:25 AM

VT meeting in Solvang over the Easter weekend... Look in the Forums and in the meeting and Events area of VT

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2004 at 4:05 PM

Sounds like a really interesting place - and unusual too! Thanks for the tips!

TinKan

“Respect others way of life. Respect will bring respect.”

Badges & Stats in Solvang

Have you been to Solvang?

Latest Activity in Solvang