"Solvang, California" Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang by TinKan
Solvang Travel Guide: 270 reviews and 686 photos
Solvang is a nice American Danish Village with old country architecture, windmills and even cobblestone sidewalks.
The town is a popular tourist town with weekenders and has much to offer in the way of traditional food and drink.
The countryside nearby is very beautiful and does truley look like you have steped into another country and another time.
We had an over night VT meeting over the Easter weekend in Solvang and it was a very nice time had by all.
Spartan, LJ, Traveldogs, AnnK, AK2, Dionosaur and myself were there. Some of us brought our pets with us as the hotel we chose is a pet friendly hotel.
Read some of the pages and check out the travelouge for more info about the weekend VT meeting.
- Pros:Good place if you miss Europe
- Cons:$$$$ and to many tourists in the summer
- In a nutshell:Good place if you miss Europe and want some good food
There are two parts to this restaurant. One side is a smorgageboard and one is a restaurant with a lounge. The lounge... more travel advice
- Quicksilver Ranch
- See All Big hotel chain
- See All Discover new tastes
- See All Fudge and more fudge
- Live Music
Written Mar 17, 2004
Written Apr 11, 2004
VT Meeting weekend over Easter 2004
TinKan's Related Pages
Solvang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Denmark in Central California"
- "SOLVANG, AMERICA'S LITTLE DENMARK"
- "Solvang - The Danish Town"
- "Solvang, California"
- "Solvang - A taste of Denmark"
- "Solvang ~ The Danish Capital of America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Solvang
- Hotels in Solvang
- Transportation in Solvang
- Nightlife in Solvang
- Restaurants in Solvang
- Shopping in Solvang
- Warnings and Dangers in Solvang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Solvang
- 19 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Solvang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Solvang
- Uploaded a Photo to "Weekend meeting in Solvang"
- Posted in Travel Forum "RE: RE: portugal"
- Commented on one of RedEaredPanda's Solvang travel pages
- Wrote a Review What a breakfast about Mortensen's Danish Bakery in Solvang Restaurants
- created a Solvang Travelogue "VT Meeting weekend over Easter 2004"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues