"Mesa, Arizonia" Top 5 Page for this destination Mesa by TinKan

Mesa Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 317 photos

To fast

We went to Mesa this past Thanksgiving weekend for a birthday party and decided to have a little look around with the little amount of time we had.

Mesa is located just south-west of Phoenix and can be confused for being Phoenix if it were not for the freeway signs that tell you that Mesa is the next 15 exits.

Mesa I think could be called the shopping capitol of the world. I have never seen so many stores in one town anywhere like here.

We had only one full day to explore this city and decided to see some of the wild animal parks and to look at a few houses that were for sale. I recommend going to the Out of Africa wild animal park as it is loaded with lions, tigers and a few bears.

We will have to go back to Mesa just to see the other places so we are planning the next trip. Heck... we may even do some shopping...

• Pros:Good zoos, shopping, not $$$
  • Cons:Feels like a big city
  • In a nutshell:Good time for a short trip
  • Last visit to Mesa: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Dec 4, 2002

• Aug 11, 2004 at 4:52 PM

alas, the Out of Africa has shut down and should reopen on the other side of town eventually.

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2003 at 2:18 PM

What a great photos..SUPER PAGE!!I like the first photo!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2002 at 5:41 PM

A very good info in intro and tips, cool warning sign, amazing pics in travelogue - first one especially :-)))

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2002 at 2:15 AM

You can see a lot in a relatively short time eh? Very informative page.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2002 at 9:45 AM

Excellent photos on travelogue! I love wildlife! Helpful warning! I'll not bother the snakes!

TinKan

“Respect others way of life. Respect will bring respect.”

Badges & Stats in Mesa