Salzburg Local Custom Tips by TinKan
Salzburg Local Customs: 78 reviews and 93 photos
While in Salzburg you must stop in the shop to get some of the Original Salzburg Mozartkugel. The Mozartkugel is a small ball of pistachio marzipan covered in bittersweet chocolate and then wrapped in silver and blue foil. Many people give them as gifts from Salzburg but for some reason each time I buy a bunch of them they never make it to their intended recipients. (Could have some thing to do with me eating them…haha)
The best place in town to get them is at:
Café Konditorei Fürst
Alter Markt, Brodgasse 13
Dion and Keith
It is normal to have a nice glass of wine with dinner. It helps when you can have dinner and the wine with a beautiful woman as well.
Salzburg is such a romantic city.
Beer and Brat Fest
Give an Austrian a reason to party and he will. Give him a chance to sing and dance and he will entertain you. For the few days we were there it seemed that all the folks wanted to do was party and as good guests we partied right along with them. The food and the beer were great. Try some of the rot brat and cold beer to get you in the mood to dance with the locals.
More Reviews (27)
- See All Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- See All Shopping Halls
- See All Self-contained city
- See All Residenz art show
- See All Good selfcooked breakfast
TinKan's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 30 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Roatán Intro, 43 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antoneys Cay Intro, 38 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 72 photos, 4 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 30 reviews, 71 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Segundo Intro, 22 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 30 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- West End Intro, 24 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cascais Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (104)
- Hohensalzburg Fortress- 195 Reviews, 329 Photos
- Mirabell Garden & Castle- 137 Reviews, 225 Photos
- Mozart's House- 98 Reviews, 125 Photos
- Schloss Hellbrunn- 44 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Getreidegasse- 47 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Sound of Music Tour- 30 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Dome and Cathedral- 87 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Salt Mines- 21 Reviews, 21 Photos
- St Peter's Church Abbey- 20 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Residenz and Residenzplatz- 58 Reviews, 112 Photos
See All Salzburg Things to Do